Carnival Victory Cruise Review by TTBrad: Great cruise and great ports!

TTBrad
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Southern Caribbean Cruises

Great cruise and great ports!

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

This was our 7th cruise on the 4th different cruise line (RCL, NCL and Holland America). I must admit, I was a little hesitant about booking a Carnival cruise again after our cruise on the Elation (which was our least favourite). What a pleasant surprise! This turned out to be one of our best cruises ever!

Food - The food was great! It was a little congested in the Med buffet at breakfast and lunch but there are so many different places to eat, you never go hungry. We ate at the grill - great chicken strips - and the sandwich station -all tasty. The dining room was excellent and we had a great time with our team of Oleksi, Victor and Markley.

The desserts were all fantastic. I'm a chocolate lover and I was never disappointed. The coffee and ice cream/frozen yogurt stations were open 24 hrs and were great.

I also ordered room service for breakfast which was good. I don't know why people write complaints about the selection being limited. I ordered bagels, More fruit, coffee, juice, etc. and it was perfect. What more do you need?

Ship - The ship is beautiful - had a nice Mediterranean theme and was very tastefully decorated instead of being overly lavish or bordering on tacky. We had a balcony room on the 6th deck which was great. The beds were very comfortable and the room was always done well. The only thing we found is that the ship had many adult only areas which we couldn't go because of our kids. The other 2 pools got pretty crowded on the sea day.

Entertainment - the shows were as good as any other cruise line.

Summary - Overall, I would recommend this cruise to anyone. It's a nice ship with a great itinerary at a great price! Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>