Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Creative Cookie

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Creative Cookie
Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Epic
Member Name: Creative Cookie
Cruise Date: April 2011
Cabin Category: T1
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

Solo Traveler on NCL's Epic
As a former NCL cruiser, I must say that the Epic was my best cruise experience and I believe it was because I went alone. Previously, I had gone with my husband when we were married and last year on the NCL Dawn with a girlfriend. Those experiences were more subdued because it wasn't all about me, and this was in a certain way. I felt the freedom to go where I want, when I wanted. During the day, I went to the quiet areas of the ship at Spice H2O, an adults only area as well as a small area on the 18th floor. That is where I spent most of my days at sea. As the previous Solo Traveler mentioned, the main pool area was noisy and crowded, so I pretty much avoided it. I love Freestyle Cruising, eating meals when I want and with whom I want, no preset times and not much dressing up necessary, only if you want to.

The Solo Travelers had a great advantage in that we were taken care of beautifully by Natalie, our own Cruise Director. She organized dinners for 20 or more, minutes before we wanted to dine at the main restaurants, Taste or Manhattan. She was always there for us and was an invaluable part of the trip. Our 5:30 happy hour was very cheerful, everyone talking and making new friends from all over the world. If you are at all outgoing, you will have a marvelous time. It turned out that out of 128 Solo cabins, only about 20-30 people were active with the group daily. Others came and went but we had a fun core group. The average age of our group would be in the 40's I guess, but as a 64 year old woman, I felt totally accepted by the younger folks. Our age range was 27-83 years old and all had a good time. We celebrated two birthdays on board, and our 83 year old was thrilled when we dance around her at Spice H20.

If you are hesitant traveling alone, whether male or female, be assured that you can have a wonderful time in this situation. You are guaranteed to meet people and will be accepted for who you are. I didn't feel like a singles meat market. My expectations were to have fun and indeed, I did! Can I go again next week???

Publication Date: 04/15/11