Carnival Dream Cruise Review by christr: Nice, but a little crowded.

Carnival Dream 4
christr
Member Since 2011
5 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Nice, but a little crowded.

Sail Date: November 2009
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

The Dream is a wonderful boat. We had a great time on it.

However, with 20% of or more passengers, it does get a bit crowded. There were always lines for the buffets. The theater and lounge areas were always very crowded. You often couldn't get to a comic show unless you showed up very early for it.

There were a few extra hot tubs on board compared to their other ships, but again, with an extra 700 or so people on board, very crowded.

The ship also seemed to be more affected by waves/weather/etc then the Conquest class. We had a much more 'bouncy' ride in it then we expected in fairly calm waters.

Personally I think I much prefer their Conquest class ships to their new Dream class. That seems to be a great balance between public areas and passengers.

I rated embarkation on this cruise low, but not too low as the issue was specific to this boat being in NY and having issues with the pier. I believe the current home port is perfectly fine. Less

Published 04/15/11

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review: 4J9201 Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

Nice view from 9201. But beware of the public balcony in front. Also, you can hear & feel the front engine 'pod' noise fairly well even on deck 9 when coming into/out of a port. Tho, I guess you could use that as a wakeup call. :)

Read All Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views) (4J) Reviews >>