“Fun cruise on the Dream”
Cruise review of Carnival Dream

Tpower Carnival Dream 5 Fun cruise on the Dream
Tpower
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This is my first review on Cruise Critic. I have cruised twice so far this was my second cruise. While my expectations were a little more on this cruise because I had such a wonderful time on my first cruise I can honestly say I had a wonderful time on this cruise.

EMBARKATION

Embarkation was wonderful. The embarkation staff were wonderful and made embarkation very easy. We got in our stateroom within half an hour.

STATEROOM

Because of my disability I needed a wheelchair accessible stateroom. The stateroom was fantastic. Very large with an incredible bathroom and shower. We were located on the SPA deck and we were very comfortable.

FOOD

The food on this cruise was incredible from breakfast which included made to order omlets to our dining room which was one of the nicest experiences on this cruise. Our wait staff were incredible. Every night they greeted us by name and pretty much new what we wanted before we ordered although they would wait. AK and Benji were very friendly and very fun to have as wait staff. Csaba was our bar waiter and he was friendly and incredible he had an incredible memory and would always remember what you ordered the previous night and ask if you wanted the same thing again. At the coffee bar Daria the barista was very nice. She always remembered my name and always new what I wanted when I went there in the morning. She was very nice and very friendly.

ENTERTAINMENT

The entertainment was great. The Carnival Fun Force were a new group on the ship. They were hip hop dancers and were just incredible.

The shows were incredible the dancers and the singers were absolutely incredible.

The Karaoke was sub par and it wasn't the fault of Kirsty the girl who was the host it was just the selection she was given wasn't a great selection. She actually let me sing a couple of songs from her personal selection which I thought was great.

I went to the late shows at the Punchliner comedy club every night. Jeff The Fun Dude was a very funny guy. I Made the mistake of sitting up front the first night and then after that sat up front every night as Jeff and I had some fun each night. He was an Incredible host of the comedy club and the comedians on the ship included Roman, Tony Esposito, Lenny Schmidt, and Will Malfore. They were all very funny.

At the Center bar on the Lanai deck the Black Jack band were incredible. They were an incredible band who really new had to rock and roll. I was impressed with Jimmy who is an accomplished musician and has played on the Grand Ole Opry and has been in a couple of movies. He was amazing. Melanie had an incredible voice and was incredible. The rest of the band was amazing as well. I really enjoyed these guys. Carnival needs to step up and pay for to rate entertainment and this band is top rate entertainment and deserve to be paid well for what they do.

Overall this was a great cruise. It was a little crowded and because of spring break there were a lot of kids on there, but, overall I didn't find it too bad. Some of the smaller kids were allowed to run free and used the elevators as their own personal play space, but, other than that most of the kids were friendly and polite.

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Spa Interior

4S11204
My cabin was great. It was large, great facilities, our cabin steward was amazing.

I didn't go ashore in Belize, because it was a little windy, and you had to take a tender boat to get ashore. My experience with tendering before was ok, but, when it's windy trying to lift a wheelchair off a cruise ship and board a tender is difficult.
Read 2,064 Belize City Reviews
Port
In Costa Maya it was beautiful. The weather was beautiful, the shopping was incredible. I bought some beautiful art for myself there. There was one group of Mayan Dancers in the shopping area that were beautifully dressed, and performing a traditional dance that was amazing. Seeing the dolphins in Costa Maya was very nice. I didn't swim with them as I don't swim, but, watching them play and swim was a wonderful experience.
Read 1,411 Costa Maya Reviews
Port
For this cruise we had a wedding in Cozumel. The wedding was amazing. My cousin was a beautiful bride, and the ceremony was on the beach. At the ceremony the food was fantastic and I have to say the Cozumel hotel and resort did an amazing job hosting the wedding.

The new port in Cozumel was beautiful. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that the people who owned the stores chased you around trying to sell you their wares.

Read 4,596 Cozumel Reviews
Port
In Rotaan we didn't get into the port because Mohogany bay is very narrow and the wind and the seas were quite high. We just went onto the next port.
Read 2,211 Roatan Reviews
Published 04/12/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Dream Review
Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?