Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Tpower

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Fun cruise on the Dream
This is my first review on Cruise Critic. I have cruised twice so far this was my second cruise. While my expectations were a little more on this cruise because I had such a wonderful time on my first cruise I can honestly say I had a wonderful time on this cruise.

EMBARKATION

Embarkation was wonderful. The embarkation staff were wonderful and made embarkation very easy. We got in our stateroom within half an hour.

STATEROOM

Because of my disability I needed a wheelchair accessible stateroom. The stateroom was fantastic. Very large with an incredible bathroom and shower. We were located on the SPA deck and we were very comfortable.

FOOD

The food on this cruise was incredible from breakfast which included made to order omlets to our dining room which was one of the nicest experiences on this cruise. Our wait staff were incredible. Every night they greeted us by name and pretty much new what we wanted before we ordered although they would wait. AK and Benji were very friendly and very fun to have as wait staff. Csaba was our bar waiter and he was friendly and incredible he had an incredible memory and would always remember what you ordered the previous night and ask if you wanted the same thing again. At the coffee bar Daria the barista was very nice. She always remembered my name and always new what I wanted when I went there in the morning. She was very nice and very friendly.

ENTERTAINMENT

The entertainment was great. The Carnival Fun Force were a new group on the ship. They were hip hop dancers and were just incredible.

The shows were incredible the dancers and the singers were absolutely incredible.

The Karaoke was sub par and it wasn't the fault of Kirsty the girl who was the host it was just the selection she was given wasn't a great selection. She actually let me sing a couple of songs from her personal selection which I thought was great.

I went to the late shows at the Punchliner comedy club every night. Jeff The Fun Dude was a very funny guy. I Made the mistake of sitting up front the first night and then after that sat up front every night as Jeff and I had some fun each night. He was an Incredible host of the comedy club and the comedians on the ship included Roman, Tony Esposito, Lenny Schmidt, and Will Malfore. They were all very funny.

At the Center bar on the Lanai deck the Black Jack band were incredible. They were an incredible band who really new had to rock and roll. I was impressed with Jimmy who is an accomplished musician and has played on the Grand Ole Opry and has been in a couple of movies. He was amazing. Melanie had an incredible voice and was incredible. The rest of the band was amazing as well. I really enjoyed these guys. Carnival needs to step up and pay for to rate entertainment and this band is top rate entertainment and deserve to be paid well for what they do.

Overall this was a great cruise. It was a little crowded and because of spring break there were a lot of kids on there, but, overall I didn't find it too bad. Some of the smaller kids were allowed to run free and used the elevators as their own personal play space, but, other than that most of the kids were friendly and polite.

Publication Date: 04/12/11