Disney Magic Cruise Review by BlueGrassGirl31: Disney Magic lives up to the hype!

BlueGrassGirl31
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Disney Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Disney Magic lives up to the hype!

Sail Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We booked a 7 night cruise with Disney aboard the Disney Magic for Spring Break week. This cruise was a total surprise for my 10 year old daughter. She thought we were going to the Port to watch the ships leave the docks! She had no clue that we were actually going on the Magic! The Disney crew is top notch! They played along with everything that we were saying, never giving any indication that we were actually going to be sailing that day. She found out as we were unloading our luggage at check-in. I think that is the first time in her life that she was speechless! Our room was ready as soon as we boarded the ship, about 2pm. It was nice and clean, and more spacious than I had thought. We had lunch at Topsider's Buffet. It was pretty good. Everyone on the ship was so nice and polite. There was so much to do. My daughter was enrolled in the Oceaneer's Lab, and loved it. She made so many friends. I felt safe leaving her in the Lab as all of the children wore "Mickey More Bands", an electronic device that holds their name & staterooms while on board, as well as whom may or may not pick them up, and the password.

The staff was super friendly and always willing to help if needed. Our stateroom host was fabulous! He never got upset if he came to clean our room and we weren't ready. He just smiled and stated that he would be back later. Our room was always turned down and ready for us after dinner at night. He made the most amazing towel animals for my daughter each night, as well as left her chocolates.

The Dining staff was spectacular. We had the same dining room server and assistant server throughout our entire cruise. They knew what we wanted to drink each night and were aware of our food allergies. They made sure that we didn't order anything that would cause an allergic reaction. They checked all of the food that we ordered to make sure that there was no cross-contamination as well.

There was so much to do on board! They had Broadway style shows, movies, shopping, bars, pools. They had a place for everyone! There is even an adult section on the boat, so you can take some of that "ME" time that we all seem to miss. The adult section on the boat consisted of a pool, two hot tubs, a bar, a coffee shop, a spa, and the famous Palo restaurant.

Both my mom and myself took full advantage of the spa. We got manicures, pedicures, massages, and facials. Not to mention the Rain Forest Room! That place was so relaxing. We also visited Palo for the champagne brunch. The servers there are very nice and attentive as well.

Granted, Disney does charge more for their cruises than it appears that some cruise lines do, but they live up to what they promise! This was a wonderful family vacation that will be repeated in the years to come! Less

Read more Disney Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Magic Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck Eight 8060

Great view, some noise from people above on the pool deck if they were running.

Cozumel was OK. I wasn't overly impressed with it at all. The vendors were pushy and always wanting to be in your face selling you something. The only reason I gave this port a 3 instead of a 1 is because the water was beautiful!
Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

Grand Cayman was beautiful! We spent the day shopping for jewelry at unbelievable prices! We also had an excursion planned for the "Pirate Encounter". This excursion takes you from the harbor, on board a small tender boat, to the big wooden pirate ship in the deeper ocean waters. The water was so clear, that I could see what appeared to be the bottom of the ocean. The excursion itself is not to be missed! The people that work on board the pirate vessel conducted themselves in a fun and playful manner the entire time. The kids are allowed 30 minutes of swimming while on board. They carry snorkel vests to help keep you buoyant.

Key West has some neat things to see and do. We rented an electric car to help us navigate through the streets and to just look at the sights. We all made sure to check out the "Southernmost Point of the United States" while we were there. In town, there are plenty of things to do to stay busy. We also visited the Zachary Taylor Fort. This was a little disappointing as most of the rooms were blocked off because the fort itself is in bad condition.
Read 729 Key West Reviews