Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by dblondie49

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by dblondie49
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Member Name: dblondie49
Cruise Date: March 2011
Cabin Category: BV

Truly Amazing
Ok so this was our first cruise. I was nervous with not knowing what to expect. Embarkation went smoothly and easily. When we entered the ship on the grand promenade, I thought I was in a mall. Yes, I was amazed. We took the time to walk around and familiarize ourselves with the ship. The ship is huge but not once did I feel I was walking along way to get anywhere.

Being our first cruise, I didn't know what to expect with the rooms size. My husband is claustrophobic and I hoped he'd be ok but when we entered the room, he stayed for a minute or two and then had to go sit on the balcony. When he used the bathroom, he had to keep the door open. So yes the rooms are small but I didn't have an issue with the size. Our room overlooked the Boardwalk area and the carousel was beneath us. We were able to see the Aqua Theater from our balcony, the ocean and the sky. The carousel didn't run after 10 pm so that wasn't an issue at all.

Other areas of the ship continued to amaze me, the ice skating rink, the Amber Theater, the three tiered Adagio dining room, the Solarium, Central Park, the zip line, the Flow Rider, the mini golf..The list goes on and on. Who would think you'd have a virtual forest on a ship which was what Central Park looked like. It was so well done, they have a tour you can take with to learn about the plants!

Our favorite lunch spot was in Central Park at the Park Cafe. Yes the roast beef sandwiches were wonderful. We opted for My Time Dining which I liked but the downside is, you don't get to sit with others to develop friendships. The

formal nights are not that formal anymore. A few ladies wore gowns but mostly what I would describe as "church clothes" to cocktail attire for the ladies, and suits for the men is what I saw on formal nights.

The Windjammer, which is the buffet, had an ultimate variety to choose from. The food was tasty but not gourmet. If you want gourmet, eat at the upcharge restuarants like Chops or 150 Park Ave. We did eat at Chops and it was what I would compare to as a Ruth Chris Steak House at sea. It was excellent.

The only restuarant we didn't really care for was in the Solarium at breakfast. If you are into granola, nuts, berries and what I would describe as a real healthy breakfast, then this is the place for you. But they charge you for orange juice because it's fresh squeezed. Beecause of a tummy issue I've had for years, I can't handle alot of fiber so I opted for pancakes. They were like hockey pucks. Needless to say, we didn't return there. The view is wonderful there and it's a peaceful place during the day to gaze out at the water, just not my pick for breakfast.

The shows were all great. We had booked a few online but within an hour of being on board, I booked the rest at the Guest Relation Desk. They all do a great job and I was impressed, especially "Chicago".

When we docked in Labadee, we hit the beach and enjoyed the barbecue, did a bit of shopping and then after 4 hours went back on the ship. We did not get off the ship in Falmouth, Jamaica. We both had things we wanted to do in Cozumel, MExico but unfortunately I woke up sick and we stayed on board where I proceeded to sleep thru most of the day and night. So it will be a place we'll have to go to in the future.

I must say I was scared of getting seasick. I never, ever felt the ship move. I brought all the necessary items just in case, but I never had to use them.

My husband said he'd do another cruise on this Oasis class ship but we would have to get a bigger room for him.

All in all, the staff was friendly, Purell machines were always at the restuarant areas, the food was very good, the entertainment was great and we had a great "first time" cruise experience. I'm glad we took the plunge and we'll do it again in the future. Thanks Royal Caribbean!!!

Publication Date: 04/12/11