Pride of America Cruise Review by 77cond

Cabin Category: B2
Entertainment Not Rated
        Under 3 5+
        3-6 5+

The worst cruise we have EVER taken!
This was the worst cruise we have ever taken!

Having said that I will comment on the positive thing that we found about this cruise/cruise line. Our 2 children really enjoyed the kids area. We were pleased with the way that it was run and with the youth counselors. There were plenty of them to watch, play with, and do activities with the kids. We also liked that they had structured activities for the kids all the time and they had a discipline policy. Because on the Disney cruise we took it was very disappointing to send our kids to the kids area, it was a total free for all with not many activities and not very many adults to supervise or interact with the kids. But, it was NOT that way on the Pride of America. So, I am happy about that!

Our room was dirty. The carpets were like dusty especially in the corners. The bathroom smelled like urine, very strong urine. I actually took my travel disinfectant spray and sprayed under the rim of the toilet and found what looked like, black mold, that came out. I then took the toilet brush and scrubbed and scrubbed and got most of the black stuff off. My husband walked into the bathroom and said, "It smells better now." So, it's so disappointing to go on a cruise and have to clean your own toilet especially for the money we paid. Our stateroom lady did a pretty good job, but NOT excellent. She forgot to refill things, and just did a half way job. She didn't vacuum the entire cruise. Our room was sooooo small, it was the smallest we have ever been in. The balcony was dirty and the railing was unmaintained. There was no varnish, just bare wood. It was also greasy.

The first night in the liberty dining room was just ok. It took FOREVER to get our food. They were not friendly or happy to serve us at all. They were almost rude. The second night we went to the Skyline dining room. We got our appetizer and salad in a pretty timely manner, but we waited 30 minutes before we just decided to walk out. We didn't get any waiter asking us if we were doing ok, or if we needed anything or our entrees would be out soon. We did not set foot in any of the dining rooms the rest of the cruise. It was terrible. We ate at the buffet, or room service or the Cadillac diner. The quality and taste of the food was just ok. I will say that the room service was actually good. They staff of the room service was VERY friendly. It was like a battle to get our food at the buffet. The staff was like put off to serve us and we had to almost yell to get them to put some food on our plate.

Usually on cruises the staff is friendly and says hello and is genuinely happy and nice, but NOT on this ship.

The shore excursions were pretty good, but still VERY overpriced. I think they were a rip off.

We just felt like we got so ripped off for this whole cruise! We paid a lot of money for this cruise and we DID NOT get what we paid for. We have gone on very inexpensive cruises before and got far more than we paid for. I feel like if we would get 2/3rds of our money back would would have received what we paid for.

I never have written a review before. I felt like I needed to write this review to warm everyone not to waste their money on this cruise. I know that it seems like the perfect way to see the islands. We thought that too. It would be a great way to see the islands if the cruise wasn't so terrible.

We did enjoy seeing the islands. Hawaii is great! When we go back to Hawaii we will stay at hotels and fly from island to island or pick a couple islands to visit and rent a car on the islands. I think even doing that we would save money.

Publication Date: 04/12/11