Grand Princess Cruise Review by carrm: Done sailing with Princess

Compare Prices on Grand Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

Done sailing with Princess

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Let me start off by saying that I should probably take some responsibility for ending up on this particular cruise. We were very excited to go on this 14 day cruise, especially when we were upgraded from 2 cabins to the family suite. We chose this particular cruise because of it's itinerary. Let's start with the upgrade, would I take the same upgrade if it was offered to me again, probably not.

CABIN: Although the cabin was very spacious. It was at the very front of the ship. For 2 days straight we could not stand up straight because of the movement, both boys travelling with us were sea sick. We had a lovely balcony which we could not go out to because the winds were so strong they literally tore your clothes off (I have pictures to prove it). The first night we were kept awake because of the rattling patio chairs that were slammed from one side of the balcony to the next.

FOOD: Everyone should be able to find something to eat on a cruise ship, if they don't More or can't then you are way too picky. The menu in the dining room was ok, I thought the selection was better on the Crown Princess on a previous cruise. We went to Sabatini's and the food was excellent, however we were all in a food coma afterwards, way too much food is served.

PUB lunch was very good. Buffet was alright, could use improvement, the grill on the lido deck was good except for cold french fries all the time. The pizza bar was good. Room service for the passengers staying in suites was very good as well, but you only get that if you stay in a suite. We had breakfast in one of the specialty restuarants reserved for people in suites as well, it was very good.

ENTERTAINMENT: A complete let down. I think the entertainment was geared for the majority of the passengers who were over the age of 70. Even the comediens jokes were for old people. Was not impressed at all, especially it being a 2 week cruise.

POOL: was acceptable.

This ship is going into dry dock in April and therefore was not very attractive and looked run down.

We were travelling with 3 kids 9 and 13 yr olds, there were 26 kids under the age of 17 on this ship, so not much opportunity to meet and hang out with other kids. 80% of the passengers on this cruise were over 70 yrs old. I would have like to have been advised by my cruise consulantant that we would be travelling with such an older crowd, even the 60 yr olds though there were ALOT of old people on this ship. There were walkers, wheelchairs and scooters everywhere. And why do the old people take on the lounge chairs by the pool, they don't go in the water and all they do is sleep all day. They are very inconsiderate when walking down hallways, slowing everyone down. And don't bother getting on the elevator they only take the elevator for 1 floor, so you can expect to stop on each floor. The nightclub and arcade were closed down, I guess Princess knew they didn't need to have these two areas open for this sailing.

Like I said I guess I should take some responsibility for not checking into this cruise more thorough although I have sailed Princess before, but have never been surrounded by so MANY old people.

Sorry Princess I won't be back till I'm at least 70. Less

Read more Grand Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grand Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Grand Princess Family Suite Dolphin Deck D105

Spacious room, however balcony was not always accessible due to high winds.

Love Aruba, something for everyone to do
Read 685 Aruba Reviews

Great island, great people
Read 706 Barbados Reviews

Beautiful island, would be nice if we could go to a beach and hang out, not much to do on this island.
Read 502 Curacao Reviews

Great beach, not much to do, but we enjoy the beach and Margaretaville everytime.

Second time to Grenada, if we every stop in Grenada again, we will not get off the ship. This island is dirty and the locals are annoying, I don't feel safe when on the island.
Read 357 Grenada Reviews

Beautiful island, would love to explore it further, however the Scenic railway is not worth the money or time.

Love St Thomas, been there 3 times and loved it every time, the people are great.
Read 2340 St. Thomas Reviews

Rained all day, but would love to go back and explore the island.