Crown Princess Cruise Review by BlueCharm: Crown Princess - Not My Cup of Tea

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

Crown Princess - Not My Cup of Tea

Sail Date: April 2011

Embarkation - Organized and we were onboard and in our cabins by 12:30 p.m.

Crown Princess Ship - Did not care for the layout of the ship. I too smelled sewage in the hallways. Found the entire ship musty smelling. Balconies are very small. Buffet areas very congested and main dining room very dark with low ceilings.

Staff - Stateroom attendant was great. Looked after us very well. So much for the policy if a lounger is left unattended for a set amount of time. Brought this to a staff members attention that a couple of loungers had been left unattended for well over 1/2 hour and he told me "you should have come here earlier". I also called Customer Service for a "lost" item and was not happy with response either.

Food - First time I lost weight on a cruise. Food that I ordered from Botticelli dining room other than the lobster night was terrible. Ended up eating in Horizon Court and Caribe Court most nights trying to put something together for a meal - More there was always a salad and rolls available. Breakfast was the only really good meal of the day and we used room service since the line ups for breakfast began in the pool area outside Horizon Court. Princess is not very strict with offering hand sanitizer before entering food area. On one particular morning after lining up for breakfast the attendant handed us our plate with her bare hands - no sanitization here.

Entertainment - Fine if you like jugglers and comedians. Music in the Piazza was awful - a lot of "chamber" music....fine if you like Bach or Bethoven...no dancing. I always enjoy this area after dinner but only visited it once and left it was so bad.

Disembarkation - Requested early disembarkation for 11 a.m. flight. We were given a 7:55 a.m., disembarkation with a transfer to the airport.

Would I sail again on Princess - Definitely not. Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Baja B315

Cozumel - Port area complex was good but did not like shopping in the down town area - too many pushy store clerks who could not take "no thank you" for an answer. Hard to get away from them at times. Did not feel safe here.
Read 3083 Cozumel Reviews

Cayman Islands - Expensive especially when converting to Cayman Island currency. Purchased a 12" pizza for $12.99 plus 2 regular beers approximately $15.00. Total lunch bill was $49.00 in Cayman Island currency. Very pretty island but very busy traffic-wise.

Princess Cays - Beach day was thoroughly enjoyed....good souvenir shopping. Enjoyed swimming and sun bathing here. BBQ lunch and fruit bar were great.

(5.5)
Roatan Island, Honduras - Heaven on Earth - Prettiest place I have ever visited in the Caribbean. Beach was fantastic. Really enjoyed the chair lift to the beach, shopping was fun and good selection of souvenirs. Would definitely return to this Island.
Read 1642 Roatan Reviews