Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by rainbowred: Not Super Impressed

Not Super Impressed

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

The ship appeared to be nice, was clean and well maintained but the second cabin my boyfriend and I were in he ended up with bug bites possibly bed bug bites. The fine dining experience really ruined it for us. When the assistant waitress was asking us if we wanted a $5 bottle of sparkling water I stated no thanks just ice water she pointed us to a busier station indicating we can get it our self so when my boyfriend got up to get us some water another waiter took the container and refused to let him pour the water, we felt like "make up your mind." Then they seat 200 people or so all at once so the entire wait staff is running around like mad men and it took almost an hour to get a bottle of wine although the wine host was very sweet and apologetic. The food was incredible though, the flavor and quantity was pleasing. Entertainment on board was good and the staff was very nice all around but a little hard to communicate with. Sleeping was awful our cabin was noisy with a rattling More that wouldn't stop and no air flow so we felt like we were suffocating.

Booking the trip was also a major pain, the Caribbean cruise line offered a meal package upgrade so I accepted then received the letter stating I had to take the trip by December 2010 to receive meals in the Bahamas so when I called in April 2010 I was promised by the director of reservations that there would be no problem receiving our meals but 2 weeks prior to the vacation he started to recant stating that he never said that and I had to argue with him to get our meals which I paid $200 for, which I felt was worth it only because of the meals we ate in the Bahamas, the meals provided in Orlando were awful and disappointing and had I not received those meals I would have been very angry!!

I also purchased their travel insurance and when I went to file a claim, the agency has no record of my name or policy so I feel taken for from the cruise line.

All in all, we did have a great vacation and I enjoyed my time in Orlando, FL and the Bahamas but I am not impressed by the Caribbean cruise line and I will not book another vacation with them. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 6226

Our second cabin #6226 was awful, rattling all night so no sleep and possible bed bug bites, no airflow and flooding in our shower.

Freeport and Lucaya were amazing it's beautful, friendly and a wonderful place to visit. I did feel a little overwhelmed by the amount of locals trying really hard to sell you things they are almost pushy at times, but I understand that is how they make a living.
Read 781 Freeport Reviews