Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Barbc923

Cruise Date: March 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: OG

Horrible cruise
We bought and paid for a cruise on the Epic. Everything including flights were purchased through NCL. I offered to pay for my own hotel if they would book our flights a day before the cruise so we weren't so rushed the day of. NCL does not do this. So they booked our flights for the same day of the cruise. The flight went from Rochester to Atlanta only allowed 30 minutes in between flight. So my first question is don't they look at these flights when they book them for you? I found out that once Norwegian had my money they could have cared less about what happened to us. We never did make it on the Epic! They booked us on Delta and the plane broke down and because we had little time for error that started our nightmare domino effect. The first NCL agent we spoke to that morning suggested that we find a flight to Cancun and hire a van to drive us 6 hours thru a jungle to Costa Maya and "maybe" we could catch the boat there. That wasn't a very intelligent suggestion, thus showing me that NCL only cared about our money.

We finally got an agent that suggested we go to New Orleans and get on the Spirit. Thinking our dilemma had been solved we agreed. That day we ended up sitting in one airport or another for 24 hr. Finally, after it cost us $280 out of our pocket for a cab (it was Mardi Gras) we got to the port. The room that they put us in was very, very tiny, very disappointing! In the bathroom there was hair all over the floor and walls .... Nasty!

The food on the ship was so so, certainly didn't even compare with any of the other cruises that we have been on. The buffet was pretty much the same every night, if you went once you saw it all. The funny part was it was suppose to be a 24 hr. buffet but when we got back on the boat from the different ports there was just a scant amount of food on this "so Called" buffet. It was like we weren't suppose to be hungry when we got back on the ship.No one told us it was Spring Break and there were well over 1000 kids on the boat that NCL sold drink packages to. On the second day there were no more frozen drinks! How does a cruise ship run out of frozen drink? I think it's one that does not care about their passengers.

I can go on and on about all the horrible things that happened to us, but there was NOT one pleasurable experience on this boat. This was my first Norwegian cruise and positively my last.

Publication Date: 04/11/11