Crown Princess Cruise Review by kmaccauley

Member Name: kmaccauley
Cruise Date: April 2011
Cabin Category: K
Cabin Number: B229
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Not worth the money
We are younger couple with 2 small children who enjoy cruising and while we did not bring our children with us we have been on several perhaps 50 combined cruises since we were younger ourselves.

We drove to the fort lauderdale port and when we got there the boarding was very easy and very fast perhaps 20 minutes from the parking garage to stateroom where it was very clean and the attendant greeted us by name and was very helpful.

The buffet that day was nice with seafood, a decent breads and salad bar, and at dinner we were seated promptly and it was very nice. The muster which is normally only 30 Minutes on most cruise lines was over an hour long and we were herded into seating's with these huge life preservers (thank goodness I had already sipped on a pina colada and the couple next to us said they had as well!)

The next day we realized that our cruise was mostly young teenagers or 50 and up which is fine because we realize that at some point we will be there with our own teenagers. The food day to day was very unpredictable some days good and then some days being tasteless leaving us ordering room service. My husband even mentioned my cooking was better which is a huge insult to Princess chefs!

Our ports were nice, the only Port we did not like was Princess Cays which was the cruise lines personal island, from their white sandy beaches to the water there was about 5 feet of just rocks and drop offs that was almost un passible, most people did not bother going into the water and my heart literally went out to anyone who had a child or any person with a disability. They shut down the food buffets and the bar early, not to mention all the shops on the island were severely overpriced.

The staff on the ship was very helpful and nice and I spoke with several other people who said they loved the kid areas. Our cabin was kept clean, and we did have alot of fun.

But the Negatives:

Like other reviews have stated this cruise line does seem to try to nickle and dime their way thru the week, in order to recieve sushi you much purchase wine, in order to lay out in the adults only area you must pay, and at the end when checking out we were billed a required $150 For tipping when we were never told of this before and had already tipped our servers and attendants extra!

When waiting for disembarktion we had to wait in the casino for 40 mins. And they had cut off any air conditioning.

And the boat is very chopped up, as in if you would like to get to your dinning room or another area of the ship you must go up the stairs go outside walk about 400 feet, back inside and down the stairs.

And also we did the stingray encounter in Grand Caymen, apparently Princess had requested that we all wear our life vests when off the boat in 3ft. Of water which is not worth a serious complaint but still just a little strange.

All in all it was a nice cruise, we talked to some very nice people of all ages, the cabin was nice, and I never had a eww this place is filthy moment, the staff was kind. But my first choice will not be Pricess Cruises from here on out unless we have a insane deal!

Simply because I was with my husband and able to just relax I think I would have not had near as good of a time!

Publication Date: 04/10/11