Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by sparkles_p: Disappointing :(

Disappointing :(

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Galveston

Wow! I don't even know where to start.

The smoking was horrible. No one followed the smoking rules and they were never enforced either. Everywhere you went you felt like you were in an ash tray.

Our stateroom was nice. We had an interior room and the size was not bad. The door was hard to close but we got a phone call from guest services asking if it was fixed (our stateroom cleaner must have let them know). Also, our vanity light would turn off after about 10 minutes, we would just keep clicking it on until it turned back on.

The dining room was really nice. We sat with great people and had WONDERFUL servers. The buffet was a problem. It was on the same deck as the pool so people came in all sweaty and without clothing and shoes on to eat. They smelled and my husband thought maybe the rags were smelly too. I lost my appetite thinking about eating in there.

There is ONE, let me say that again ONE pool on this entire ship, and VERY small. I More never even touched the pool water. Also, there island band that played all day every day the same three songs got annoying very fast. Not only were they horrible, but they would let drunk people get up and scream (literally) in the microphone. Talk about a nice relaxing vacation on the ship. NOT!!!!

We got woken up 3 of the 5 nights by loud drunk people in the hallways.

The entertainment was nothing special. Maybe like a high school talent show (if you went to a small high school with no talent). The dancers were appalling. There costumes and dance moves were extremely sexual. There was no warning either. Other things they would say it was not suited for kids and I think this was worse. I would have died if I had a kid in there. The cruise director Steve was FANTASTIC! The comedians were great (but they hop ships).

The ports were nice! I had been told "Don't go to Mexico, it's so scary." I never felt scared and enjoyed my time off the ship.

Overall, I would rate this experience a 4 out of 10. I would compare it to staying at a Motel 6. I think a lot of the problems were the people on board. They were extremely rude and disgusting. The staff on board was great, but could not keep up with the nasty people aboard.

I WOULD NEVER do the Carnival Ecstasy again, and am very hesitant about doing Carnival again. I called to tell them about these concerns and they really didn't take it all that seriously. I don't want to cruise with someone that does not take my happiness into account. I would stay away! Not worth the cheap price! Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy Interior Riviera M116

Loud Hallway Good size room Broken vanity light Good closet space Safe included No hairdryer (none on ship) On one side there is a storage closet, helped with noise from other rooms.

This port was very "Americanized", but still had a lot of local options. We did some shopping and were stopped by a man about snorkeling with a glass bottom boat. Great deal. We talked him down to $25 a person. The ride took about 2 1/2 hours and we stopped at three different places. It was great. They give you the equipment to use and make you feel very safe. Then drinks are included at the end. The last stop my husband and I got a little motion sick from all the waves, it was about 45' deep and more boats were around. We seemed to be on a boat with some people who weren't as aware about space, so I got kicked twice (really hurt too). They even let me drive the boat. It was really fun!

We did a little shopping and that was our day. I would LOVE to go back.

Read 3107 Cozumel Reviews

Progreso was nice. I am glad I went, but I don't need to go again. I know many people commented on shopping, I felt it was ok. Many of the tents had the same things. The beach was pretty but had a lot of shells by the water. The water is pretty but not very clear. It was an ok stop.
Read 284 Progreso Reviews