Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisin_likeaboss: Great ship, good service, okay food

cruisin_likeaboss
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great ship, good service, okay food

Sail Date: March 2011

HUGE LINE AT EMBARKATION ---- SO PAINFUL

also, eat lunch in the dining room

I have cruised on the Liberty before, but Royal Caribbean as a cruise line is starting to make me look towards other lines. I am Emerald in the Crown and Anchor society (because they crooked me out of getting credit for a 14 night cruise, I am not Diamond, but thats another story) and I am getting the coupons but there are not enough perks to gather all of these cruises to finally aspire to Diamond.

Anyway, the ship was great, as I remembered it. I loved the 'Hoof and Claw' bar in the promenade, but the singer was so awful, he played the same songs every night and seemed like a drunk. The bartender in the crown lounge bar 'Olive or Twist' was great, his name was Daniel. He was a real guy that gave my friend and i many life lessons to ponder. Dining staff was acceptable instead of exceptional, as it should be. Some bar staff was a pain in the ass, but some of the bar staff was great! VERY More HIT OR MISS SERVICE, thats all there is to say.

The food has gone downhill like an eighteen wheeler with no brakes.

EAT LUNCH IN THE DINING ROOM

There were no chocolates on our pillows, so I asked the cabin steward about it and he went out to port and bought us chocolates to put on our pillows, I was impressed, but this was not the overall feeling of the service. Most important to having a great cruise, will be to eat lunch in the dining room. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>