Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Tiatoons

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Allure of the Seas .... Loved It!!
My husband and I took the 7 day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. We were amazed how easily the boarding process was. The lines for security were not bad and took about 15 minutes to go through. We walked right up to the desk to get our Sea Pass, no waiting at all. We were on the ship by 11:30. The luggage was in our state room around 2:00.

We signed up for "My time" dining. We were very happy with that decision. They gave us the option every evening of eating with a group or a table for 2. We did both! There were no long lines to get seated, always either walked right in or were 2ND in line. We had the same waiter every night. We generally ate between 6pm and 7:30. I noticed as we left, the lines were a lot longer for late dining.

We were told that you would never feel the movement of the ship, I get motion sickness easily and have to say I was glad I had patches to wear. The sea was quite rough for 2 days.

The Blue Planet was fantastic! I want to see it again! The Ocean Aria show was cancelled for our reservation because of the rough seas. They did the show the following night but had to eliminate all the high dives because of the water sloshing out of the pool. I highly recommend seeing them both. I was disappointed with the Chicago show. I guess I wasn't the only one because the lady next to us was sound asleep.

The only complaint we had with our cruise was that they only had the Key Lime tarts at the cafe one day! We did the Rita Fiesta for $20 each. The food wasn't great, but the 3 margarita's sure were!(included in $20)

The Headliner show was Revolution, a tribute to the Beatles! Lots of dancing in the isles! Loved it!

Disembarking seemed like it was going to be a nasty process, but it moved really fast and was well organized. After locating our luggage, we went through customs. The entire process took about 30 minutes.

We had from 7-1 in the Bahama's. We decided to do a little shopping as there wasn't time to do much of anything else. We wish we would have stayed on the ship.

Did a lot of shopping in St Thomas with thousands of other shoppers. We loved the shopping and got some great deals. As there were several other cruise ships in port on the same day, it was a busy place. Next time we will skip the shopping and look for a quiet beach. They will haggle with you on purchases.

We loved St Martin! Spent the day on the beach. We rented beach chairs which included a bucket of beer and a few soda's. It is so colorful and clean. We made friends with people from other cruise ships on the beach. We did have to buy another suitcase there for all the goodies we bought the day before in St Thomas.

Publication Date: 04/09/11