Disney Dream Cruise Review by NewcruiserTammy

13-15 1.0
        16+ 5.0

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
New eyes on the New Dream
Our ship sailed March 30th, 2011. My family of 5 children (ages from 4 thru 17) the mother of the five kids and myself we're thrilled beyond comprehension about going on a cruise for the first time as well as a Disney Cruise, we only know that Disney does everything so well. Since our family visit Orlando a few times a year and I live in Central Florida.

I have to start by saying that the customer service was AMAZING! The staff of the ship all showed that they loved their jobs and we're always happy to help no matter in what capasity. We saw the heart that went into the work ethic of this staff.

The ship is brand new still so everything is crisp and clean! The decor was of a 5 star resort and an eye feast. Very delightful designs. No complaints.

I have to admit: I was nervous about the shows being silly or lacking...Boy I was WRONG! They were wonderful and entertainive for all ages! The dancing and comedy was the best! My favorite was The Villians Show, second to the golden Mickeys. The believe show wasn't my thing, but not bad at all.

The food did not wow us, it wasn't horriable, just thought one of the soups we're gritty and some of the entres were not warm enough, but all in all it was fine and the wait service made up for it.

The public hot tub, was yucky, and anything on Disney's part, but to see everyone and thier mother in it was kind of gross.

Considering we went in Springbreak Season, the elevators were a nightmere. Took forever and no room...but we used the stairs for the most part.

Cabanas shouldn't have had a time frame to enjoy. It was the best place to eat and enjoy an assortment of food. We all agreed that it would of been nice to have been a 24 hour spot.

The kids club was fine for the 9 year old in our group, but our teens thought it was not cool enough...lol and we wouldn't leave our young 4 year old there.

Loved how they treated us and it was a pretty ship to be on, and going on any other cruise has big ship shoes to fill! One day we docked next to a competitor, it looked like the ghetto of the seas...but it might be something for people who expect less from the cruise industry.

Publication Date: 04/09/11