Carnival Pride Cruise Review by royalcarribeannexttime

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Pride Cruise Review by royalcarribeannexttime
Carnival Pride
Cabin Category: 8A
        7-9 3.0
        13-15 1.0

Never take Carnival again
We boarded the ship on time, and my teenage daughter said she couldn't stay on the ship because she felt claustraphobic. She's just over 5 feet, and could touch the ceiling in the hallways by just reaching up. The same was true of the elevators.

Our first night eating, we had the worst server in the dining room. Service was slow, and we usually didn't get what we ordered. I had asked about the salmon appetizer and was told it was grilled salmon. It came raw, and I don't like raw fish. The server should at least know what they are serving. My daughter ordered a coke every night (the soda package is way over priced), and it was Friday before she actually got one. The food was generally only OK. We kept joking the whole time that the booth felt like we were at an IHOP, except the food and service at IHOP is better.

The 2 pools are tiny. Way too small for the number of kids and guests.

The water slide never opened up, and is located in an odd spot with no pools around, or anything else around for kids to do.

My young girls were often bored, and the camp carnival (when it was open) was good. They did take the 6-8 year olds to the shows, which I felt was inappropriate. The show had guys stripping down to nearly nothing to the 'I am too sexy...' song, inappropriate costumes and suggestive songs and dances.

The teen room was often closed when it was supposed to be open. My teenager would go up, and come right back because it was still locked.

The lunch buffet is not organized well. The stations are very far apart, and trying to feed 3 kids was hard when they all wanted something different. The food was not good either. They didn't want to go there for breakfast, which meant room service, which they only serve toast and cereal. Royal Caribbean at least would serve eggs, bacon and sausage! We had toast for breakfast every day.

The ship broke away from the port in Florida, and the anchor malfunctioned, so we ended up missing the port at Nassau (the main port on the cruise). They reimbersed the excursion, as they should, and gave a measly $25/person credit. I feel they needed to reimberse more because the delay was caused by a ship malfunction. Yes, the storm caused the lines to snap (perhaps that was a ship problem too?), but if the anchor mechanism was working we wouldn't have missed Nassau.

The shows were pretty lame.

The hot tubs were all cold, I tried 3 of them, but not the one in the back of the ship. I have a feeling that one would have been cold too.

There were some pretty bad smells in the hallways.

I was hoping for a stress free vacation, but was completely stressed, bored and couldn't wait to get off the ship.

We did the Radisson resort excursion in Freeport. I would recommend it, but the time in Freeport was way too short (we had to leave the Radisson at 12:30). We were outside ahead of the scheduled time to leave to the Radisson, but the bus got full and we had to wait over 1/2 hour for another one. With such a short stop, they should have had a second bus ready at the scheduled 8:30 leave time. We didn't get there until 9:30, and lunch was at 11:30 which only gives 3 hours, minus an hour for the rain. The lunch there is was disappointing, a breakfast buffet (leftovers from what the guests didn't eat).

Publication Date: 04/08/11