Carnival Glory Cruise Review by sedonajen: Glad our kids didn't come...Still Great!

sedonajen
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Glad our kids didn't come...Still Great!

Sail Date: March 2011

Honestly, I loved it. I was relaxed, pampered, and well fed. The only down side....the night shows. The dancers were dressed inappropriately and it was far too sexual for our taste. I'm glad my kids weren't there. We would have had to walk out.

That being said, the food was delicious, the ship was VERY clean, and it was a very relaxing vacation. For the price, it can't be beat.

I've been home 2 weeks and we have already booked another Carnival Cruise for the WHOLE family. We'll see how the dancers are dressed. :0)

As far as boarding the ship on the first day, we found some benches outside and waited comfortably for the lines to die down. Once they did, we flew right through and went straight to our cabins. I highly recommend that idea! Same with the last day, we happily waited on the Lido Deck (in the back) and caught some more rays and snacked on our breakfast until it was time to go. Why rush your exit, right?!? Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Oceanview Riviera 1408

Clean, well cared for, and comfortable. We don't spend much time in our room, so it was sufficient. I would have liked to have a balcony, but for the prices, the window was fine. The only complaint was that we had a group of teenagers across from our room and they would come in VERY late and be very loud (2am). I never heard any noises through the walls, just through the crack under the door.

At first glance, Belize doesn't appear to be the most beautiful place. Once we met up with our tour, we learned otherwise.

We did the Zipline and Cave Tubing Experience. GORGEOUS! I loved the 45 minute drive to the caves. The glimpse at Belize living was truly humbling! Belize has a vast array of landscaping. One minute you are in a desert, the next a jungle.

This was our second time to Belize and I am so glad you came back. The cave tubing is a must and the zipline was better than the one we paid double for in Puerto Vallarta. Worth the money here, for sure!

We did a Tulum Excursion with Alma Tours through TripAdvisor. If you are LDS, this is the way to go! Alma was our guide and she was great!

The line to get back on the ship was an hour long. Other than that, we enjoyed the stop.

Read 3087 Cozumel Reviews

We had plans with friends at this port and we took their boat to Stingray City. Holy cow! The water is crystal clear, the stingrays are huge, and the snorkeling is to die for. This was by far our favorite stop on this cruise!

Right there on the dock is some great shopping. We bought most of our souvenirs there and they were reasonably priced. I'm a fan of Grand Cayman for sure!

We grabbed a large van taxi (there were 9 of us) once we got off the ship. The taxi included a tour guide that stayed with us the entire day. It was a bit pricey ($15 each), but well worth it. Our guide took us to a beach that was just beautiful! It was a great stop, especially since you get to see the way of life along the way there.
Read 1642 Roatan Reviews