Recently we went for a Spring Break Vacation to Grand Caymans and Cozumel, Mexico. We booked on Carnival Inspiration sailing from Tampa as we had a fantastic previous experience on Carnival Sensation to Bahamas a year back.
Based on the great trip we had on Carnival Sensation we upgraded our travel to Grand Suite and doled out extra 2000 dollars for it.Boy what a let down! must be the economy.
The only positive was the embarkation were we had a VIP checking in, while disembarkation the VIP checkout was UNVIP, we were crowded into a library lounge without seating and made to wait a long period before being escorted out into the crowd at the entrance of the ship.
The worst part of the vacation was the room service. It was totally atrocious,even a motel would have had a better service.
In the five days we stayed in the Grand Suite there were too many complaints to write in detail.Here we go,
1. The room was cleaned only once per day and that too we were forced to request the cleaning every time. Even putting the Service Sign on the door knob did not help. The reply we got from the service guy was, he had too many rooms to clean and he can do it only when we go for dinner.
2. The linens were never changed on the whole trip.
3. The day bed/sofa was changed into a bed on the first day and remained as it is until the last day, we never had a opportunity to sit on the sofa for the whole trip.
3. One day we come back from a on shore excursion to cozumel we found the room stinking with cigarette smoke smell, I asked the service guy to check the smell and he flatly denied smelling anything.
4. First two days there was a constant creaking noise in the room basically disturbing the sleep the whole night. When we complained to guest services they came in and again denied any noise, after I asked for room change something was done and from the third night onwards there was no noise.
5. The bathroom shower was not working properly and we were forced to hold it in hand all the time while we showered.
6. The toilet supplies were not properly replenished and we had to ask for it everyday.
Above all when we complained to the guest services about this, the answer we got was, we will be receiving an online survey once we are back home and we can write our complaints there and they cannot do anything more than that on the ship. Finally we rescinded the room service charges from the bill, that is the only thing we could do and got a small change of $70.00 credited in our bill.
To add the woes, the highly rated camp carnival was a disaster for the 6-8 group. One big issue was separation of siblings due to age policy they have, when asked to be flexible on this to the youth director she was very rude and that was the feed back we got from many other parents. Most of us who had children in 6-8 group formed our own circle and kept them engaged.
So my recommendation is find the best possible cheapest deal in carnival and go for it DO NOT EXPECT A PUBLIX EXPERIENCE IN WALMART AND PAY FOR IT.