Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Tiger Tree

Member Name: Tiger Tree
Cruise Date: March 2011
Entertainment 5+

Epic Has Pluses and Minuses
The parking and entering of the Norwegian Epic could not have been any easier. In less than thirty minutes, we were on board and enjoying a sit down lunch at the Taste Restaurant.

Rooms were ready at 2:30. We had an inside cabin on the twelth floor. It was tiny and the split bathroom did not make much sense. Also, the sink was extremely small which resulted in much water spilled on the floor. There was no coffee maker. My son, also on the twelth floor, in a veranda room, had a coffee maker. Go figure!!

We tried two Specialty Restaurants and three regular restaurants during the week. Lets talk about La Cucina first. The food was very average, just like the no extra cost restaurants. Service was slow, and the servers really didn't pay much attention to providing excellent service. Our dessert orders were taken while out table was still full of entree dishes. We were disappointed. Cagneys, the Steakhouse, was a DISASTER! I am a frequent Cruiser, and have been to Cagneys on the Norwegian Sky, and the Norwegian Pearl. Cagneys was always special, but not this time. Our reservation was for 8:15. We arrived on time and checked in with the girl handling reservations. At 8:25, I checked again, and she said it would be a few more minutes. I checked again at 8:35, and finally we were seated at 8:40. I was already pissed. We were offered complimentary champagne which we acceted. Things did not get better. Our orders were first taken at 9:15, and the service was slow. My son's Prime Ribs were not tender. My wife's Caesar Salad was consisted of all white inside leaves of Romaine lettuce, and the Lobster Bisque did not taste like Lobster Bisque, and was not edible. We enjoyed better salads at the regular restaurants. This was not a specialty Restaurant. Kevin Sheehan, are you listening?

The entertainment was top quality. Blue Man Group was terrific! Legends in Concert was super! I enjoyed Slam Allen and his Blues Group.

The onboard facilities were great. We tried the bowling Lanes, the gym, and the smaller restaurnts like O'Sheehans. The casino wasn't as smoky as people say. One negative about the gym. In order to use the steam and sauna, you must pay a weekly fee..First time I've seen that!!

All in all, it was an OK cruise, with both pluses and minuses. The ports were fun, and the hot tubs were not as crowded as I had imagined..

Publication Date: 04/06/11