Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Bmckeen: Always a good time

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Always a good time

Sail Date: March 2011

We sailed on the Carnival Liberty on March 26, 2011. This is our 9th cruise but our first with our children. Let me say this off the top...everything was not perfect, but I believe that you have to roll with the punches and not be so uptight...I ate well, travelled well, was treated well....what more could I ask for. Having said that...any negatives are just for sake of anyone out there that might be zoning in on a particular thing that needs to be perfect for them.

Embarkation: very efficient. We arrived at the port at 11 and we were on the ship by 12. The security line was the longest and that is fine with me....

Food: excellent, as usual. The dining room food was good. The thing is...if you order something and don't like it...order something else...or if you did like it...order more. The Lido buffet I was not a huge fan of (except the burrito bar, which was great). The warm choc melting cake available at each meal was amazing....

Entertainment: solid. More Probably an area where Carnival has slipped a bit but I was entertained. There was a magician on board who did magic at your table at dinner and around the ship and he was awesome. My six year old son was enthralled. The shows were average dancing with average singers... Not impressive. One night they had a juggler who was really good.

Service: room steward was great, dining staff was great...no complaints ..everything I expected.

Camp Carnival: AMAZING!!!!! My kids loved camp carnival....it was a godsend at night. There is not a lot for kids at night...we sent our kids there every night and they loved it and it freed us to enjoy one another...my kids stayed til midnight or beyond every night.... It is free before ten and minimal babysitting charge after 10 ( 6 dollars per hour)...

Ports: we enjoyed Cozumel...I would not do the Playa del Mia beach break again...I think there are better options....do visit Three Amigos rest and bar off the dock...it is themed after the movie

Grand Cayman...we did the Pirate cruise and it was great.. Kids scrubbed the deck, parents walked the plank...we got to jump from the top of the ship into the beautiful water off Cayman....the. We took a cab to the car museum...it was very cool

Ochoa rios..we did the Cool Runnings catamaran to Dunns River....best tour ever....great time..def do this!!!!!""

Debarkation....from the time we were called tom the time we were on the road was 20 minutes...very easy

Again, Carnival is not perfect and yes it was crowded, every meal I ate was not perfect, service was not without error....but if you can't have a good time there then you are just too picky and crotchety...in my opinion Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>