Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by fishn4sun

Norwegian Pearl
Member Name: fishn4sun
Cruise Date: March 2011
Cabin Category: BA
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

NCL PEARL-Good but could have been better
I have been on 11 cruises. This was the cleanest ship I have ever been on. For a fairly new ship [born 2004] it was lacking the new super screens. The presentations in the main theater were projected on what looked like a hanging white tarp. The movie screen in the lobby was also very poor.

Food - very average - All of the food on the buffet was barely warm if you didn't order something like an omelet that was made to order.

Entertainment - may have been ok if it wasn't turned up so loud that I had to put my fingers in my ears. I finally just didn't attend any more shows or night clubs. I don't mind loud music but this was beyond loud.

Free Style Cruising - I like the old style where you have a designated waiter and table each night. You seem to develop a friendship with them by weeks end unlike with the free style that they seem just not to care too much about you. Most didn't even converse with us.

I know that the cruise lines are having as much difficulty making ends meet as all businesses but the prices onboard and at some of the islands are getting out of hand. I drank a bottle of water that was on my desk upon arrival, thinking it may have been a courtesy bottle because it wasn't in the mini bar, only to find it cost me $6.05. The drink of the day ran about $8-$10. A bottle of beer was $5.50 + tax which comes to a little over $6.00. The cruise lines should realize we may drink more if they weren't so expensive.

Could not open door on the balcony to adjoin our friend's room. That was a bummer.

We did our own shore excursions a LOT cheaper at the dock.

Still had a great time. This was our first cruise with a private balcony, which became a life saver. Don't think I could go back in an interior room.

Publication Date: 04/06/11