Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by love2vacation

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by love2vacation
Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Pearl
Member Name: love2vacation
Cruise Date: February 2011
Cabin Category: BC
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Pleased with the Pearl
I have to say that there were many things about the Pearl I really liked and some that I found annoying but not enough to never cruise on NCL again.

The bathroom set up is great. We loved the larger shower and the division of the areas- separate shower section, vanity area and then toilet with frosted glass sliding door. It made it possible for the two of us to get ready at once. The mini frig actually kept out pop cold and my husband loved having a coffee pot in the cabin. Annoying things- the placement of the vanity area and the closet space. I thought the balcony cabin seemed smaller than on our cruises on other lines.

Loved the fun murals along the walking deck on seven and the buffet had a terrific selection of items. Too bad there is not drink service at the tables in the buffet area and the no trays make it hard to juggle a plate or plates and drink to the table. It was easy to find our way around the ship right away and the signage was excellent.

Dining Rooms- We ate most nights in the regular dining rooms Summer Palace and Indigo. Indigo had far better service since it was the smaller venue. Always found something to eat on the menu though it is not the most inspired. Just a place to eat and not an "experience" as on some of the other cruise lines. We ate one night at Le Bistro and it was EXCELLENT.

I missed having an adults only pool area to use but I got by.

The crew were very friendly and accommodating which is always a plus. The entertainment was great.

Ports- Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Key West. All great ports- we did a mix of private and ship tours. My husband caught a 4 foot shark on the ship sponsored fishing tour in Costa Maya and we enjoyed the Lamanai River cruise and Ruins tour in Belize. We did Key West on our own and in Roatan we did an island tour that included time at a West Bay beach and a stop at the cameo shop/factory.

I would definitely cruise NCL again for its relaxed atmosphere.

Publication Date: 04/05/11