Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by love2vacation: Pleased with the Pearl

2,886 Posts

Compare Prices on Norwegian Pearl Western Caribbean Cruises

Pleased with the Pearl

Sail Date: February 2011

I have to say that there were many things about the Pearl I really liked and some that I found annoying but not enough to never cruise on NCL again.

The bathroom set up is great. We loved the larger shower and the division of the areas- separate shower section, vanity area and then toilet with frosted glass sliding door. It made it possible for the two of us to get ready at once. The mini frig actually kept out pop cold and my husband loved having a coffee pot in the cabin. Annoying things- the placement of the vanity area and the closet space. I thought the balcony cabin seemed smaller than on our cruises on other lines.

Loved the fun murals along the walking deck on seven and the buffet had a terrific selection of items. Too bad there is not drink service at the tables in the buffet area and the no trays make it hard to juggle a plate or plates and drink to the table. It was easy to find our way around the ship right away and the signage was excellent. More

Dining Rooms- We ate most nights in the regular dining rooms Summer Palace and Indigo. Indigo had far better service since it was the smaller venue. Always found something to eat on the menu though it is not the most inspired. Just a place to eat and not an "experience" as on some of the other cruise lines. We ate one night at Le Bistro and it was EXCELLENT.

I missed having an adults only pool area to use but I got by.

The crew were very friendly and accommodating which is always a plus. The entertainment was great.

Ports- Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and Key West. All great ports- we did a mix of private and ship tours. My husband caught a 4 foot shark on the ship sponsored fishing tour in Costa Maya and we enjoyed the Lamanai River cruise and Ruins tour in Belize. We did Key West on our own and in Roatan we did an island tour that included time at a West Bay beach and a stop at the cameo shop/factory.

I would definitely cruise NCL again for its relaxed atmosphere. Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Pearl Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Nine 9152

Great bathroom, awkward vanity area, great cabin location in proximity to stairs, elevator and ship activities. Would probably upgrade to mini-suite if possible on next cruise.

Long ferry ride to town and not much there. We did the Lamanai Ruins tour which took all day. My husband climbed to the top of the ruins and the boat ride lasted about 55 minutes each way but there is a lot to see along the way. Our boat on the river threw a propeller so we made it back to port for the last ferry. Great tour but it is so long we probably wouldn't do it again.

Great port. I haven't been there since 2002 so it was fun to go back. The guys did a fishing trip through the ship and caught sharks and my friend and I caught a taxi to Mahahaul. I had emailed ahead and we had loungers reserved on the beach. The guys joined us after their tour and we all ate lunch at the beach bar. I had a great massage right on the beach. It was the best day of the trip.

A lot to see and do. We walked it on our own. We went to the Mel Fisher ship wreck museum, the Little White House and ate an excellent lunch at the Roof Top Cafe. Also, did some shopping. A nice port stop.
Read 730 Key West Reviews

Great port. I was there a couple months ago at a different dock so it was a new experience docking right in town. Would go back again. Great beaach at West bay area.
Read 1643 Roatan Reviews