Spring Break 2011 on NCL Star: Norwegian Star Cruise Review by youngest_vip
Overall Member Rating
Spring Break 2011 on NCL Star
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Overall Pros: Nice meals in Aqua Restaurant. Cagney's is a MUST do.
Overall Cons: We felt like they were always trying to sell something to us. Each show in the Stardust Theater started with a pitch to but Bingo or Raffle tickets. Buffet food was a 6 out of 10. Dishes served in the restaurants were small. Food often arrived warm, not hot. The entertainment was lacking. Not many activties to do. Cruise Director was nice, but lacked organized activties. EVERYTHING cost extra, even the deposit for a towel at the pool! Chocoholic Buffet was a joke. Having white cake with food coloring to create the illusion of diverse offerings was a stretch. They ran out of items within 30 minutes of the opening .Beds were terribly uncomfortable. Shows were lacking. Onboard Shopping was not diverse. Not much selection. More
Saturday Arrival: Check in was terrific. They employees were very nice and helpful. We checked in, in less than 30 minutes.
- Bought Soda package; approx cost $72.00.
- Made reservations for Pub Crawl, Cagney's Wine tasting, and excursions. Very easy!
- Walked around and checked out different areas.
Day 1: Sunday
- Day at Sea. Library was nice. Freestyle Daily gave us a list of happenings on the ship. List was short. Went to Versailles Dining Room. Food was good, service was slow and not very attentive.
Day 2: Arrive to Cabo San Lucas
-Great destination. Had to be tendered to shore. Great weather. Lots to do in Cabo.
Day 3: Cabo San Lucas
- Did not go to Mazatlan due to violence. Nice to spend another day in a fabulous destination! Love the weather!!!!
Day 4- Arrive to Puerto Vallarta
- Another nice port to visit. Excursions expensive.
Day 5: At Sea
Day 6: At Sea
Day 7: Back to LA
Disembarkation: Freestyle disembarkation will have you waiting a LONG time. Better to get a fixed time and have breakfast.
Overall, we will not be cruising on NCL again. I have been on Royal Caribbean and Princess. Those are class acts. I don't want to feel like I'm an ATM. I want to relax and have a vacation! Less