Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Bigwave1129

Member Name: Bigwave1129
Cruise Date: March 2011
Embarkation: Tampa

Indiana Travelers visit the Carnival Legend
We are a family of four who have been on five previous cruises, three of them with Carnival. We have previously cruised on Conquest class ships, so this was our first experience with the Spirit class ship. We flew in to Tampa on the Saturday before our cruise and enjoyed a nice day at the Aquarium and port area. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza West shore and were very pleased with the accommodations.

On the day of the cruise we left our hotel at 11:00 a.m. and were on board the ship shortly after 12:15. The port of Tampa is extremely easy and we were on our way. We had room 5216 which was an 8C class balcony. The balcony was a first for us having always had inside rooms before. We enjoyed the balcony on port days and sail away. It was nice having your own private area to enjoy these things. While I liked it very much, I would not say it is an absolute must going forward. The ship itself was very clean and I enjoyed the decor. I found the lounges and quiet spots to always have seats and never felt crowded the entire cruise. As for the food, we enjoyed the dining room and I found my friend Rajan working the counter at the deli just like last summer on our Carnival Freedom cruise. It was nice to talk with him and the deli sandwiches are always a highlight on my cruise. The entertainment in the main lounge has similar shows to last summer, but the comedy club in the lower lounge was a nice spot. The comedians were very good and did plenty of shows -- both family and adult.

My kids are two boys, 11 and 14. They both met groups of friends and had a wonderful time exploring the ship. My 11 year old enjoyed Camp Carnival as always, but did spend time away from the camp with just his friends. This was new for him, but my 14 year old has operated this way the last few cruises. He would love to stay on the ship and never hit any ports so he could hang out with the friends he makes on a cruise ship.

We did enjoy the ports and had wonderful weather the entire cruise. We went to Grand Cayman, which was the only rough sea day of the cruise, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. All the ports were beautiful.

Getting off the ship and out of port was fairly easy as well. The Taxi station was a little busy and confusion was rampant, but we made it out without too much of an issue. I would recommend the Legend to anyone and we are certainly open to the Spirit class ships.

Publication Date: 04/03/11