Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by rmcolburn: First time with Carnival - decent
Overall Member Rating
First time with Carnival - decent
Destination: Southern Caribbean
I just got back from my first sailing with the Carnival Inspiration. This was also my first experience with Carnival all together. I did this sailing as a part of a group booking with a large group of friends. Now I didn't pick this particular cruise and I will admit that was a little skeptical about going on because Carnival has gotten a lot of bad PR lately. I had also read reviews on this site prior to sailing and they were overwhelmingly mixed.
As a whole, the trip was a lot of fun because I had a great time with my friends. As for the Carnival Inspiration itself, I'll just say that it was decent.
Now I will say that I actually am a pretty easy person to please. You put me in warm weather with a drink in my hands and good friends in company, and it is impossible for me to have a bad time. My only other cruise experience was with the Norwegian Gem, and I had an absolute blast on it. Just great overall satisfaction. The entire time on the Carnival Inspiration, I was More struggling to find some of the same great qualities. Here's a break down:
The food: Satisfying overall. No complaints here. The waitstaff were extremely friendly and warm. Can't say I didn't like any of the food, but there wasn't a meal where I was blown away.
The Layout of the ship: A bit confusing. But of course, you're able to find stuff with trial and error.
Just a few gripes:
- The drain in our shower was clogged the whole week and filled up the whole time.
- A few of the staff members (non-food service) were a bit rude to some of my friends for undeserved reasons.
- Lack of entertainment and activities. For a group of 20-somethings, from 8-11 at night there was nothing to do besides the casino. The club was taken over by teens until 11 (I wish they had a separate one for them). There were only a few nights where the cover band played and the area they played wasn't exactly much of a dance area. We also wished there were more nightly game shows/activities for adults).
- Pool was too small. The whole week we stayed on the back deck near the slides. My biggest gripe with that is that I wished they had music playing back there on the speakers because there wasn't any at all.
- I knew the Inspiration was an older ship, but it didn't handle the motion of the ocean very well. Pretty bouncy.
Other than that, it was still a fun time. But as my first Carnival experience, I just think it was a little too kid/family oriented and not that great for 20-somethings. I would say I prefer Norwegian more. Less
Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>
Not as good as past cruises
Celebrity Scores Again
Celebrity Summit Horrible Dini...
Not bowled over but ... conven...
Better then expected
Disappointed...not sure we'll ...
Great Cruise All In All