Crown Princess Cruise Review by ConnieInNewJersey: First Time on Princess but not the Last time!

ConnieInNewJersey
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

First Time on Princess but not the Last time!

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean

We booked a warm Western Caribbean getaway. This was a cruise of firsts for us. Normally just DH and I go on cruises alone but for the first time we decided to cruise with DH's sister and brother-in law. That made the trip more special and fun. This was our first Princess cruise, first Western Caribbean cruise and our first balcony also!

Needless to say, we had a great time. The Crown had a wonderful staff who gave great service. In particular my cabin steward Mark was terrific and always had the cabin cleaned and in great shape upon our return. The dining staff were great and actually everyone we came in contact did their job well and were a pleasure to deal with.

The balcony we had was large with a table and four chairs. Next trip that I have a balcony I am going to try and have breakfast there. I really appreciated the layout of the bathroom as it was more conducive to shaving my legs than most. The cabin did not feel camped and was arranged nicely for maximum More storage.

The food was good but their desserts were awesome - not a bad one to be had. I had never tried a specialty ship restaurant before but my sister-in-law wanted to try the Crown Grill so we did. The food wan really good and the portions huge. It is well worth the $25.00 pp surcharge.

Would definitely do a Princess cruise in the Future. Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Baja C714

Ample storage in cabin, nice layout. Great, big balcony. Good location near the aft elevators to the Horizon Food Court. A little cumbersome to get to forward locations.

We did Tulum with a beach break and lunch. Tulum was great but it was a hot day and we were on the go from 7AM to 4:50PM and the ship left at 5PM! The beach we went to was a few miles from Tulum and had only one bathroom. I did not feel like waiting in line to change into my bathing suit so did not go into the water. DH did and he said it was nice and refreshing.

I am glad I went but next time would do a more relaxing excursion.

Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

We did the debark air boat and gardens excursion. The air boat ride (first time for DH) was nice, the alligator handling a photo op but the gardens were only average.

Grand Cayman has good shopping and nice beaches. We shopped in the morning and my DH couldn't pass up the savings so he bought me diamond stud earnings as a early Christmas gift. We relaxed on Seven Mile beach in the afternoon.

(5.5)
Roatan is a very beautiful island! We did the beach and lunch excursion. DH had a massage on the beach which at $25.00 for 30 minutes you can't beat it! We had wonderful, huge strawberry coladas and had a relaxing time. I would definitely go back to this island.
Read 1645 Roatan Reviews