Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Theorox

Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: AD
Cabin Number: d319
See More About: Sapphire Princess Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Princess Sapphire not so shiny.
We spent the extra money to book a min-suite with balcony thinking it would be money well spent. Well, we were very wrong. The suite itself was ok, but because of the design of the ship, when you lie on the deck chairs on your balcony you have 4 more decks of balconys stareing down on you. The ship gets narrower each deck above dolphin, so all the people above you get a FULL veiw. I would never book on this ship, or any princess for that matter again for this reason alone, but there were many other reasons too.

I have never been in a casino where the slots paid out soo little in my life. My wife and I like to play slots, and we do alot of it...on ships, casinos all over the world, Indian reserves...and these were by far the worst. Do not play them.

No outdoor movie deck on Lido deck, I thought they were pretty much standard these days. Who wouldn't want to watch a live concert of Marco Antonio Solis lying under the stars in the Mexican nite?

Our cruise was during spring-break, which meant there was alot of children on board compared to other cruises we have been on. That is fine, we love kids. Point being though, we decided to go play a round of minigolf one sunny afternoon expecting to stand in line with a bunch of kids. When we got there we were the only ones in sight. Why?? Because the minigolf is a joke. We did 2 holes, and then left. It seems Princess doesn't want to put any money in to anything that they can not charge for, and minigolf is free ofcourse.

I don't mean to be a sour-puss, but this cruise was about a 3 out of 10 on my scales, and I think I am being generous. I could list more complaints, but if you have read this far I think you get the point I am trying to make.

If you are considering a Princess cruise, I would recomend you look at the same cruise, but from Carnival. I have been to Alaska, and the Mediterranean on Carnival, and they are head and shoulders above Princess. Have been on Holland America as well, and they were better too, though not as good as Carnival.

Publication Date: 03/31/11