Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by chlost

Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Celebrity Summit Cruise 3-19-11 from San Juan
I was very impressed with the decor in the public spaces of the Summit. My stateroom was fine, but dated, and the bathroom had some odor issues from the drain pipe. Also the maintenance crew worked on the shower during my week-long stay and the smell from the sealing compound and paint was very noxious until the ventilation system aired it out (about 45 minutes). We were in port every day except for one sea day. I like to enjoy the evening activities (like karaoke and dancing) and the shows, so getting up early every day for excursions was not my idea of a vacation. I also like to have more time to visit the spa. Though I had 2 spa treatments, I still felt somewhat rushed during the week to squeeze everything in.

I traveled alone and was given special consideration by both my cabin stewards and the guest relations desk who checked on me periodically throughout the week. I appreciated the great service I received from everyone onboard. I also enjoyed the company of my new friends - both those met in the dining room and those I met through the Celebrity Connections party for Cruise Critic members. One of the highlights of my week was the tour of the bridge on our day at sea. That invitation came as a result of my Cruise Critic membership.

I enjoyed the activities onboard - mostly in the evenings as daytime was full of port activities. I participated in the "Dancing With the Stripes" contest and several evenings of karaoke. I was pleased with the many opportunities I had to receive complimentary drinks - six in total over the week. The galley tour was informative and interesting.

The photo staff onboard were talented and personable. I purchased several photos and the DVD that was filmed during our week aboard (because of my participation in events, I saw myself on several occasions on the DVD!).

I had purchased the ship's transfer package and that went smoothly for both embarkation and debarkation. I also took 2 ship-sponsored shore excursions that were well worth the time (Tobago and San Juan).

The highlight for me in dining was the brunch served in the main dining room on our last day - the day at sea. Everything was beautiful from the food itself to the ice sculptures. I appreciated the opportunity to have that extensive buffet in that atmosphere.

Publication Date: 03/31/11