“Elation Spring Break Cruise March 2011”
Cruise review of Carnival Elation

mollie jo Carnival Elation 5 Elation Spring Break Cruise March 2011
mollie jo
Member Since 2004
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We really enjoyed our time aboard this ship! She is very beautiful and I personally like the smaller size. Enjoyed all the entertainment except the "Win" show. Strange concept for a cruise ship show and some of it was a little offensive. We loved the main singer in the lounge and really enjoyed the duet by the pool on the Lido deck. We also liked both comedians.

Lots of games and activities in the Drama Bar on the last sea day that are fun for families. My 14 and 20 year old sons enjoyed them too.

We had anytime dining and loved the flexability. We will always request this from now on. Food in the dining room was just ok. Not as good as we have had before on Carnival. Cheeseburgers, deli, and wok grill were better. Drinks were expensive. It seems I remember the drink of the day being around $4, but they were closer to $8 this trip.

Lots of good photo ops for elegant night. Loved getting a good picture of the family all dressed up.

Booked a wonderful tour through Edventure for Calica and had an awesome time snorkeling in a cave, zipling, canoeing, and touring Tulum. Took a taxi to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Love their new pool. My boys jet skied and had a ball. We really love this beach and have been before. Food service was very slow though.

Mobile was a very easy port. We stayed at the Microhotel and parked our car there and took the shuttle. Very efficient. I really hate Carnival is pulling out of this port. The town of Mobile seems really upset too!

This trip was a perfect blend of two sea days and two port days. Plenty of time for relaxing, and taking in activities. Ship and room were very clean and well maintained. Staff was excellent. My husband had to go to the doctor with what he thought was a kidney stone and everyone was so helpful and concerned. They got him a wheelchair so he would not have to walk.

The Elation has something for everyone. Can't imagine not having a good time on this ship!

Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Port
Went to Paradise Beach. Their new pool is amazing. Spent most of my time there. Food service was slow. My boys jet skied and had a ball. Lots of water toys to play on too. A great beach that does not charge to get in. You pay as you go.
Read 4,590 Cozumel Reviews
I give this a three because we docked at Calica which is nothing but a salt mine. But once you get away from there it is amazing. Booked a tour through Edventure. Went to Tulum, snorkeled in a beautiful cave, ziplined, canoed, jumped off a cliff into a beautiful lagoon and had lunch on a beautiful beach. Wonderful company to do business with. Highly recommend! Another plus is Tulum is so close. Only a 30 to 40 minute drive from the port!
Published 03/31/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Elation Review
Carnival Elation Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?