Not bad for the Price: Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by canesrbest1
Overall Member Rating
Not bad for the Price
The bad of this cruise is in my opinion for little kids on the outside. With you being at sea for 3 of the 5 days, you are going to be onboard quite a bit. The pool is 4.5 feet deep and is that deep across the width of the pool. There isn't a shallow end for small kids that can't swim plus they are way too young to use the slides (again, for older kids (6+) those are fun, even I enjoyed a few rides). So I would knock the ship from More this perspective. It impacted our fun quite a bit since they would get frustrated and kinda bored plus you have to be on top of them constantly.
As for the cruise from an adult perspective I think it was about what I expected since this was our 2nd Carnival Cruise.
1) The food in the dining room was average to slightly above average. The selections weren't great every night but at least there were 1 or 2 standout items worth trying. Didn't blow your socks off but its Carnival so you come to expect that. The buffet in the morning was good (good omelets) and the lunches were not bad either. I think the Mongolian Wok station is kinda neat since you can get your own stir fry with Chicken, beef, or shrimp.
2) The 2 entertainment shows were good, even though there were some risque costumes.
3) We saw a family friendly comedy show, which I must say I enjoy the option before 10pm, that was very good.
4) Camp Carnival - Outstanding!
5) Stateroom attendant was prompt and attentive. Room was comfy and the bathroom wasn't too small. Water was always nice and hot when needed.
6) Bathrooms in the Spa/Gym were a nice touch, including the sauna and steamroom.
7) Typical Carnival Excursion prices, so just research on your own and you can do the same thing for 30-50% less.
8) Push the drinks but again you just have to say no a lot. Doesn't bother me, I know the business model they operate and deal with it.
Debarkation was FANTASTIC! They now do a silent debarkation and every 15 minutes if you decide to take your own luggage off, you just go to the forward most elevators when its time for your side of the deck you are on to get off. It moves very well considering that Charleston's terminal was not built for cruise ships. We were off the ship, and into our shuttle back to our car in 15 minutes.
Overall, I would probably cruise Carnival again but will wait until my youngest is closer to 5-6 and she can enjoy just about any ship we board. Less
Port and Shore Excursions
Cruise exceeded our expectatio...
Great for kids and families, b...
Incredible staff! Beautiful sh...
Good but definitely could be b...
Great 5 Night Cruise on the Ca...
A solid cruise out of the grea...