Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by traveler181818: Worst Cruise Line

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

Worst Cruise Line

Sail Date: January 2011

The room we had was the worst balcony roomon the ship. Cigarette ashes from people above us.

The dirtiest room I've ever seen. The worst was a used dirty diaper and used tampon under the bed. Hairballs in the corner. The room is a disgusting layout, with the toilet next to the the bed, and the smell of sewage. Be advised, that because NCL is trying to be eco friendly, that less water is used to flush the toilet (which is a vaucu flush) and sounds like a 747 every time you flush. This will wake the dead, and they use a deodorizer in the toilet system to mask the stench because of less water usage.

The food was average at best. Only a few "free" restaurants. The majority you have to pay extra. The food is equivalent to a buffet that you might get at an old "Reno Nevada" hotel, with lots of people jammed into a room, cramming and stuffing their faces full of cheap food.

There is very little "free" on board. Most of anything you will pay extra. The staff More is almost 90% Philippine workers and most were not pleasant.

When I complained about my room being unbearable and unacceptable, I was told there was nothing they could do, and in the end offered me a $100 credit on a future cruise (very insulting). Like I would ever go back.

I would avoid NCL like the plague. They do not have any kind of customer service. If you are going to plunk down $1000+ on a cruise I would not use NCL. Celebrity is 1000% times better in all categories.

The port south of Cancun, Playa Maya, is a tourist trap and worthless.

Roatan is nice.

Fitness center was good, but because of all the sweaty people Air conditioning was weak. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Balcony Stateroom Deck 9 8016

Room 8016 was the most disgusting room I've ever stayed in.

again we rented a scooter and toured the whole island. Had a good time at a local beach on the south side with a great restaurant on the beach.
Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

we rented a motor cycled and toured the island with a stop on the beach. The port NCL uses isn't as nice as the other cruise lines, but we had fun doing our own thing.
Read 1646 Roatan Reviews