Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Doneitbefore

Member Name: Doneitbefore
Cruise Date: February 2011
Embarkation: Barbados
Cabin Category: OU
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Get Real
First of all, if MANotAHappyBunny thinks the food and entertainment are bad on the Dream, do not under any circumstances book another cruise with any line because, if you pay 50% more you will only get very slightly better food and alot worse entertainment!

On any cruise somebody will have a problem of some sort, it happens on every ship - even P&O but, you have to look at the overall performance of a ship and the value for money.

I don't doubt from past reports that the ship did have problems early on, but we experienced none on our Caribbean Cruise 24th Feb to 11th March.

The service was excellent in every department, smiling polite staff always and the cleaning going on was continuous. Yes, the decor does not match the bigger new ships but it is not at all bad and I can asure you that my standards and expectations are high. Anybody who does not know that this is an ex Costa Cruises refurbed ship did not do their homework.

Our cabin was fine (deck 7 outside) and all the public rooms were very nice and comfortable. I'd like to see the homes of those who say its rubbish, presumably they live in mansions!

I am not going to go through the itinary, I just wanted to put the record straight and ease the worries of anybody booked to go on the Dream. Take no notice of the complete assasination reviews, theres obviously some issues there and they then cease to be contructive.

I agree that this ship does mainly seem to attract a middle age audience and therefore caters for that. I can imagine that younger people may not feel at home in this environment.

Go with an open mind and I am sure that at least 98% of you will have a Dream holiday. Theres always an unlucky one and they tend to shout the loudest.

Publication Date: 03/30/11