“Best Entertainment EVER!”
Cruise review of Carnival Fantasy

TheCruisingDiva808 Carnival Fantasy 5 Best Entertainment EVER!
TheCruisingDiva808
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my 4th Carnival Cruise. I was HIGHLY impressed with the Vegas-style shows. One was a "nightclubs through the years" program in which the Cotton Club, Studio 54, and the Tropicana were highlighted through dance and song. It was a lot of fun. The BEST show, however, was the Beatles tribute. It was amazing! The dancers are obviously classically trained, as many of them seem to have experience in ballet. I have seen a TON of these shows, and the Fantasy's were the best!

The food each night met my requirements-- I didn't have to cook it, clean it up, or buy it! Seriously, though, the food on the Fantasy wasn't as good as what I've had in the past. It was still good, though! The Warm Chocolate Melting Cake was wonderful, and Carnival's signature flat iron steak was very good. However, I didn't go on this cruise for the food. I went for the entertainment and excursions.

Our first excursion was to Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau-- which is a 30 minute ferry ride from Nassau. This was the best, laziest day of my life. My 2 girl friends and I found hammocks and spent the day reading and talking and napping in one the most beautiful, tropical locations ever. There were plenty of things for the kids to do-- those huge water trikes, bouncy slides, etc.-- and even a dolphin encounter for an extra charge. The water is a little cold this time of year, but once you get it, you get used to it. The palm trees and blue sky and white sand made this one of my favorite locales ever. Also, if you don't want to spend your excursion with a TON of people, this is the place for you. It was not overly crowded... my friends and I had no problems getting and holding on to our hammocks!

Our second excursion was NOT done through Carnival. We booked a snorkeling trip through http://www.snorkelingbahamas.com/. It was MUCH cheaper than going through Carnival. We took a ferry boat out to a coral reef, and the crew were very personable and knowledgeable. It was the best snorkeling I've ever done. The fish were gorgeous and plentiful. This was so fun!!!

Overall, this cruise was the best I've ever been on. The entertainment was wonderful. The BEST cover band I've ever seen was "Music Boardwalk." These are 4 middle-aged Asian men who covered Rolling Stones, Beatles, Eagles, Santana, etc. Of course, the vocals were pretty good (due to their accents,) but their instrumentation was SPOT ON!!! AWESOME cover band. Really, the best I've ever seen.

The beauty of this cruise for me is that I only have to travel 2 hours by car to get to the port in Charleston. So convenient and SO MUCH FUN!!!

Carnival Fantasy Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

6Be172
Had a wonderful cabin steward, Soli, who put up with the millions of pairs of shoes from 3 women... not to mention bras, feminine products, etc... Poor guy!
Published 03/29/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Fantasy Review
Carnival Fantasy Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?