Eurodam Cruise Review by snowbird58: WONDERFUL cruise with my daughter, perfect in every way.

snowbird58
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Eurodam Eastern Caribbean Cruises

WONDERFUL cruise with my daughter, perfect in every way.

Sail Date: March 2011

I read some slightly negative reviews on the Eurodam but wanted the itinerary and the week, so went for it. They had a $799 pp verandah sale and I purchased a cruse for myself and my 23 yr old daughter. We have both cruised once before - Alaska, on Norwegian.

We loved every minute of the cruise. The ship is lovely, staff friendly and helpful and ALWAYS SMILING. The food was fantastic, even the "ordinary" buffet meals were great. LOTS of choices for every kind of eating style.

I purchased the spa pass for the week and was not disappointed. It was worth every dime. The hydrotherapy pool alone was worth it, but we also took advantage of the steam saunas, the heated relaxation beds, the relaxation room, and had a massage. Wonderful staff, amazingly relaxing.

The magician (James Cieran) was one of the best live entertainers I've ever enjoyed. The string quartet from Romania was divine, and the musicians were accessible and friendly.

We ate once in More the Tamarind and once in the Pinnacle Grill. Fantastic! We had breakfast room service every morning and it always came within 5 minutes of the earlier time on the time frame we'd checked.

The $50 drink card (each) was enough for us to have drinks at dinner every night, a couple of others during the week, and espresso coffee a couple of times.

Cruise director Jason was hilarious. Everything was orderly and well-thought-out. Tendering to Half Moon Cay was done on huge tender boats so the wait was minimal.

Highly recommended to cruisers who want to relax. Yes, it is an older crowd, but not entirely. Jason said we had 250 kids on our cruise. I saw plenty of young people, young couples, and teens. Lots of families.

Loved every minute. Less

Read more Eurodam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Eurodam Review >>

Cabin review: Eurodam Deluxe Verandah Oceanview Upper Promenade 6043

Good, forward location, very quiet. Balcony big enough for two chairs and a little drinks table. Forward location means a bit more motion but that doesn't bother us. We were very close to elevators and stairs. Never heard our neighbors or anything above us. I would stay there again.

We purchased a snorkeling excursion and wish we'd just stuck with hanging out on the beach. It's an interesting place. Water was somewhat cold in March.

What a view coming into this harbor. Wow. And so much history. It's a beautiful, lively, interesting place. Would like to have spent more time here. We went on an excursion to a botanical garden - lovely way to spend the afternoon. Very lush, perfect temps in March. We did get caught in a short downpour but had our ponchos.
Read 1361 San Juan Reviews

Loved it. We spent the whole day on a sailboat - an excursion I arranged outside of the cruise company with Morningstar Charters. We sailed to St. John and swam/snorkeled at the national park. Amazing day. The water was very nice - not warm, but not chilly either.
Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews