Carnival Legend Cruise Review by 8twentyfun

Cruise Date: March 2011
Embarkation: Tampa
Embarkation Not Rated

The carnival scramble
So my 7 fun and sexy best friends and I decided to go on the Carnival Legend for our senior year spring break. After spending 3 months writing a thesis on things, we were ready for one hell of a time. As we approached the loading dock we were anxious to see cute boys also boarding but were quite surprised to see the age group excessively exceeded our own as most of the members averaged between 65 and 95. If not, the closest boy to our age might have been 13.

We walked onto the boat and were greeted by a sexy foreign pirate who we later found out was named Miodrag. It was around this time that the heavy drinking for the week began, which was paralleled to our shrinking college budgets, seeing as a shot cost $8, where as at school these days I can buy a handle of vodka for $12. So complaint #1, we were ripped off with alcohol.

We enjoyed the comedy club since the main act was a cynical older lady who resembles what I imagine I may be like in the future. Duh because I am pretty and fun.

We thoroughly enjoyed serenity, minus the fact that we actually had to fight people off for our seats, including the embroidered sweater vest man (you know who you are buddy, and guess what you are a complete jerk who will probably be alone forever) and also got into a fight with a rude little boy who stole all the chocolate froyo.

We also really enjoyed our meals and wait service. Everyone was extremely nice, especially Denissa. However, we did not that the crew had demanding hours and low pay.

We also loved the casino. That turned out to be a huge hit as I personally became a blackjack addict in a matter of an hour.

The excursions were awesome as were the places we visited.

The gym was really really hot and needed air conditioning, also there was only 1 freaking outlet in the entire room. 3 girls in a room with 1 outlet? NOT OKAY.

We also managed to find some friends on the boat who we really loved / love.

The general "design" of the boat was absolutely heinous. Legends? Really? Serenity looked great and was named accordingly, but what happened to the rest of the boat? The "Unicorn Cafe?" Like honestly?

Oh and one last thing, we had an absolute blast taking pictures every night before dinner.

So if you were on this cruise I am talking about, I am sure that you can personally identify the group of girls writing this review. I would like to take this time to apologize if you found us to be annoying. Though I am sure we are also saying things that you personally agree with. So Carnival, overall here are some tips.

1.) Make a spring break cruise AIMED at ONE age group instead of all.

2.) Please give your crew better hours and more respect. They were all soooo nice and deserve higher pay.

3.) REDECORATE THE BOAT.

On an end note I had one of the best times ever. Just making some suggestions....

Publication Date: 03/28/11