Carnival Dream 3

“The Carnival Dream is simply average”
Cruise review of Carnival Dream

ijosef
Member Since 2011
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

I took my second cruise with Carnival in March of 2011, visiting four ports total. The Carnival Dream is very similar to the rest of Carnival's fleet, but it doesn't seem to carry its size very well at all. I'd read prior reviews about the ship rocking a lot, and at first I just assumed the reviewers were prone to motion sickness. Well, they were right. It wasn't terrible, but I would not recommend this ship for someone who gets seasick easily. The ship was also very, very crowded. In comparison to the last Carnival ship I cruised on (Carnival Triumph), the facilities were similar in size and capacity, so it seems the extra size of the ship was used for more staterooms. Increasing passenger capacity without an accompanying increase in facilities doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

The food was pretty good, which I expected, but the entertainment was lacking. The dancing and singing in the Encore Theater was on par with a community college production, and most of the More comedians they had were downright terrible. The ship also had a slight sewage smell from time to time, which was very unfortunate.

This is the last time I'm going to take a cruise during Spring Break season. I can't blame this on Carnival, but their were way too many kids on board, most of which were disrespectful and undisciplined. Next time I book a cruise it will be when school is in session or with another line that doesn't cater to the under 18 crowd. Less

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Upper/Lower

Published 03/28/11

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?