“Ladyleo in the Mexican Riviera”
Cruise review of Sapphire Princess

LadyLeo Sapphire Princess 5 Ladyleo in the Mexican Riviera
LadyLeo
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Princess Cruise Line is one of my favorite cruise experiences. I've done the Alaska cruise and have just completed the Mexican Riviera. The ship is beautiful, the accommodations were exceptionally nice (we were upgraded to a mini suite!), the staff is accommodating and the food is generally excellent. My only complaints were the desserts; they could stand some improvement. Also, everyone I talked to on the cruise was not impressed with the entertainment. It could have been the substitution of the comedian on the first night, but after that, I never ventured out to the Princess Theater to see any more entertainment.

I also did not appreciate the "push" on certain places to shop by the cruise staff. These places are highly over-priced and I hear that Princess Lines gets a kick back from anyone who shops at the stores the cruise line pushes. Not a good idea!

A lovely experience, all in all. Will make it a point to book Princess the next time I cruise.

Sapphire Princess Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

AAD421
We loved our mini suite! More than enough room for two people. It had a complete bathroom (tub/shower combo), tiled floors, more than enough counter space. The closet space was more than sufficient for two people, with added shelf space on the side. The bedroom area was large, but I will say that they could have made the beds wider and provided more comfortable mattresses. We had a very nice sitting area with a couch, side chair and two flat-screen TVs! The balcony was extra large with 4 chairs and a table.

Smaller port, closer in; better experience. However, it does seem to be geared for the "younger" crowd. But the basic appeal and look of this port are far superior to PV.
I was expecting a really great experience in PV, since I've been there before. I was sorely disappointed! The ambience of PV has slipped way down in my estimate. Run down in many areas.
Published 03/27/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Sapphire Princess Review
Sapphire Princess Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?