Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Youbetterbelizeit: Spring Break on a cruise

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Western Caribbean Cruises

Spring Break on a cruise

Sail Date: March 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

IT has been 18 years since I have sailed NCL and was looking forward to being taken care of and spoiled.

The good: Port Canaveral is the best and most convenient port so easy to park and get on and off a ship. On NCL on the last day they give you breakfast and we slept in and walked off the ship at 10am amazing!! Loved the itinerary Cozumel, Guatemala(the best!)Belize and Key West. We went to Chankanaab Nature park in Cozumel it was great for kids and lots of amazing snorkeling! $10 taxi ride to it and $15 to get in. In Guatemala we went on a river cruise on

Rio Dulce and went to the town of Livingston this was the best! We did not use any NCL excursions you can get off the boat and at the end of the pier our tour operators that you can bargain with. In Belize we went on cave tubes at the caves branch river system we booked it before we left home and they were right at the port to pick us up. Getting on and off the ship for tenders was a breeze! Best food for kids was More the wings in the sports bar, pretzel sticks and the ice cream and waffle bar ( very long line) Our cabin guy Richard was great cleaning room!Entertainment was OK and Bingo was fun!Freestyle dining has goods and bads it is nice to eat whenever but getting a new waiter each time they don't get to know your likes and dislikes.

Here is the Bad:

You had to pay for everything including exercise classes and to see the bridge.

My son got sick the second day for the cruise was up all night with a cough I took him to the doctor and the nurse was very rude said you can buy something for that at the store then the doctor came out and said "why didn't you fill out your form that he had a cough before you got on the cruise you could get in trouble for not telling the truth" I said he didn't have a cough before we left and said forget it and bought some cough medicine in the shop. That night he was up all night coughing and got a fever took him back down to Doctor at 8am when the Freestyle said the clinic opened and they said no the Doctor isn't in until 9am you will have to pay extra to see him so I said fine When I got my son into see Dr. Wood finally he again accused me saying s "I heard that you son has had this cough for a week" He took two seconds to look him over and said "well it is just a cold."So rude! I have never been treated so poorly in my life just trying to get my son well! No compassion what so ever! So bring whatever medications you might need for you and your kids because the Doctor is no help!

The Ugly

They seemed to be out of towels and extra blankets and pillows when requested. Someone threw up because the ship was very rocking the 1st few days and it took them forever to clean it up and they stain was there the whole cruise. The dining room staff is good sometimes and others not Dennis was a great waiter. Bring a converter for 220 to 110 because they don't have them. Our shower curtain broke they left the old one in the hallway for days and it took them a whole day to get a new one. The food was just ok... they charge for almost everything. The kids game room was expensive .. They only had two ping pong balls and the rest were cracked when I asked for more I never got them. Only two basketball that were not deflated. Less

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sun 8015

We had a outside cabin with window that fit 5 people. It was tight but ok. plenty of room for everyone to sleep but not much else.

Great Day Cave Tubing! It is an hour drive from port on a bumpy road and then a long hike up the jungle but very fun!

Fun go to Chankanaab Nature Park
Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

Great Eat Key Lime Pie covered in Chocolate on a stick! Go to Duval street and snorkel
Read 729 Key West Reviews