Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by ruthk: first cruise but not the last

ruthk
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

first cruise but not the last

Sail Date: March 2011

I travelled with family and friends to celebrate my sister in laws 50th birthday, this cruise had been planned since dec 09 before the ship has even had its first voyage.

8 of us flew from birmingham to miami all arranged by rci. hotel in fort lauderdale was great (sheraton).

Now the cruise, what a ship, I was gobsmacked when i first embarked i had to pinch myself , i could not believe that i was on a ship.

I cannot swim and was a bit apprehensive about this trip, but i had a great time and did not feel hardly any movement at all.

8 of us had my time dinning at 8.30pm and we had Ramona and Rebecca as our waiters. The food was great in fact i had pre booked once evening with my husband to go to another restaurant but cancelled it as we where having a great time, service was excellent.Rebecca would tell us about the ports we where visiting and what to look for, she would ask us how was our day what we did etc.

Our stateroom was good, as a smoker this More was ideal we all had apartments next to each other so we where able to have the balcony unlocked , so we could walk to each others room via the balcony.

Our stateroom attendant was Hemma, she was lovely, she was attentive and she seemed to always be at hand for anything. she made my stay very enjoyable, and every other night she would make animals out of towels.

Hati was a great port we watched as the crew unloaded the supplies to the island which we had heard about and how rci sends about 40 tons of food on every ship that visits hati for the people who are effected by the disaster. well done to rci,

costa maya was only put on the itenery as falmouth was not ready it was very small , no beach and well worth a miss.

cozumel duty free shopping a the forum shops was great, we have been to cancun and cozumel was cheaper for cigaretts, drink and jewellery.

The only thing i can say is that if it had gone to jamaica it would of been perfect but we have already planned to go on the allure next year for 14 days so that we can enjoy east and west caribbean for our 50th,

If you are a first time cruise may i advise that you dont go on the allure as I cannot go on another ship once you have been on this, nothing can compare Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 8156

great room plenty of space quiet location and balcony was a good size

Fort Lauderdale the sheraton was amazing with great views of the beach, we where collect at the hotel and taken by mini bus to the port ,once at the port our luggage was unloaded and we where told that we could check in (get your sea pass on line it saves alot of time) we arrived at the port at 12.45 and once checked in which took about 15 minutes we where on board the ship we where told that our stateroom may not be ready till 2pm which was not a problem as we where all like little kids, mouths open and wanting to explore.