Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by trust277

Cruise Date: March 2011
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 8A
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Family of social Host Nathan
This cruise was highly anticipated and looked forward to as we got to cruise and see Nathan who is currently working for carnival as a social host.

The only inconvenience was embarkation was hampered by the tsunami warning that morning caused by the earthquake in Japan which is totally understandable.

Our room was great and our room steward Joseph was awesome. Many cruisers rave about their room stewards and Joseph is right up there with the best. Room was always clean and serviced even if we were only out of the room for short periods of time. Don't know how they do it:) They just do!

My absolute favorite part of cruising is the dinning. I love the variety and everything was outstanding. My favorite starters are the delicious cold soups and seafood. The garlic and butter scallops were my favorite.

I had fish four nights and it was all very good. Every night I had fish it was moist and very tasty. I also had prime rib, veal Parmesan, NY strip steak and flat iron steak. Everything was delicious. Desserts and salads were also very good. Didn't eat a single thing that I didn't care for. One night we ate 11 starters and 15 entrees between 6 people. We were stuffed that night, but still had room for the cheese cake.

We also did the cruise and wine program where we pre bought 5 bottles of wine on the first day and enjoyed those at night with dinner. Saves 20% versus buying individual bottles

Enjoyed the shows that we attended. We had just been on the Carnival Legend last July so the shows were all repeats, but my wife and I appreciate the artist's talents so we didn't mind seeing the shows again. One interesting note is that since Nathan now works for Carnival we had an opportunity to ask about the shows and the cruise director Jen said that it costs Carnival 8 million dollars to change the shows on the boat and that is why they don't change them more often. The shows are usually changed about every 8 years.

Nathan is also the comedy club manager and we had a great opportunity to meet and talk with the comedians. We were lucky enough to see 4. 2 at the beginning of the cruise and 2 at the end. All four were pretty funny and it was really funny when the second set of comedians came on because during one of the shows, the comic was really poking fun at Nathan's brother and best friend and he didn't know that they were. It made it pretty funny for us because he didn't know.

Pete from Liverpool (Nathan's Roommate) was a hoot and he called the guys the Alabama trio and enjoyed their version of Sweet Home Alabama at Karaoke.

Halley the cruise specialist was also very helpful with explaining past guest benefits and amazing future carnival boats and cruise specials.

Sarah "Sharkey" one of the dancers was with her mom and she was very sweet. She took time out of her day to stop and talk to us as well.

Jen was a great cruise director. Jill, Sara and Loni were great social hosts.

Samantha the assistant cruise director was a so very helpful as well!

Kim at the excursion desk was extremely helpful with booking our excursions.

Introduced some of the waiters to a "chocolate monkey" drink. It's a banana daiquiri with a little chocolate liqueur in it. YUM !!

any questions, feel free to email me at trust277@yahoo.com