Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by ponycruise

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by ponycruise
Seven Seas Navigator
Seven Seas Navigator
Member Name: ponycruise
Cruise Date: March 2011
Cabin Category: G
See More About: Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Regent Seven Seas Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Seven Seas Navigator Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Seven Seas Navigator Deck Plans
The Best way to Cruise
So I feel compelled to give this disclaimer, I have only been on one other cruise line besides Regent so I don't have the widest perspective. With that said my wife and I have had such wonderful experiences on Regent I don't think we will ever use a different cruise line.

Embarkation/disembarkation: My only complaint for the trip was our arrival time, Regent did our air arrangements and had us on a 5:45 Am flight into Miami. Besides having this horrible flight time we arrived at the ship around 11 am, so we had about an hour before they would even let us board, they gave us water and cookies and were very pleasant but I would have preferred a later flight with less waiting. Checking in was a quick experience and we had lunch when our room was being prepared. I personally didn't mind the wait as it gave us a chance to explore the ship and get our bearings. getting off the ship is a bit hectic as they ask everyone to be out of their rooms about an hour before you start leaving, but after we found a place to sit and our group was called we were through customs and on a shuttle to the airport withing 15 minutes, very nice.

Room: The room felt very spacious and it lived well for the week. My wife really appreciated the separate bath tub. Also I have to give high praise to our stewardess Jane, She introduced her self asked if we had anything we would like before dinner (white wine) and made sure it was in our room every day. She learned quickly we were early eaters and would have our room turned down by the time we returned to the room before the show. Also Jane quickly figured out we enjoyed the chocolates and gave us a few extra every day. It's small details like that which make Regent so much better than other cruise lines. Also they have a wide selection of free movies through an interactive menu which was nice way for us to finish our evenings

Dining: The food is excellent. we ate at Prime 7 once and it is as good as any high end steakhouse I have ever been to. they also prepared a special desert for my wife and I for our special occasion which was nice. the compass rose was delicious but a bit slow. Never slow enough for us to complain though. We ate at La veranda for lunch most days and it was excellent. Overall the food is high quality. Others have complained about the service but on our cruise it was excellent. enough can't be said about how you never have to wait for a table. Also in room dining is quick and they will make every effort for any special orders.

Ports/excursions/ship activities: We enjoyed each of excursions, we booked through the ship and they were wonderful. We had rain in Guatemala so we decided to relax on the ship. Also the days on sea were pleasant with enough activities. On our trip they did two themed afternoon teas which were amazing. Tea is an everyday activities which includes trivia, we loved it for the scones and would recommend it to anyone cruising. We went to the shows most evening, our favorite being Cirque navigator. The shows were entertaining especially after wine with dinner and a pre-show cocktail.

Spa/Gym: the Spa is a canyon ranch and is very luxurious but expensive (it's the only thing on the ship besides the shop that is not inclusive). My wife had a couple of treatments she enjoyed thoroughly. The gym on the ship is small but we never had to wait more then 10 minutes for a machine, I think it is all about timing. The fitness classes are included and my wife did a couple. Overall very adequate gym facilities which are needed to offset the incredible amount of savory foods.

Miscellaneous: The crowd on Regent is definitely older we are in our 20's and were easily the youngest people that were not accompanied by their parents. we didn't mind but if you are looking for late night dancing or a party crowd you won't find it on Regent. This cruise line is obviously expensive but you feel like it is well spent. I probably had 5-6 drinks a day and we used the shore free shore excursions, I'm sure regent came out ahead but I felt like it was close.

Overall I would definitely recommend regent if you are looking for a relaxing and luxurious cruise experience and don't want the huge ship experience.

Publication Date: 03/25/11
More Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Seven Seas Navigator review Read the next Seven Seas Navigator review

Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Navigator Review