Oriana Cruise Review by Rulocal: That's Entertainment....NOT !!!!!

Rulocal
Member Since 2009

That's Entertainment....NOT !!!!!

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Southampton

Entertainment staff...BIG disappointment !!!"

Enjoyed the cruise mainly because of the lovely passengers we met

Dining:

The food in all the restaurants was top class, and among the best we've had.

The Conservatory was where we dined most evenings, mainly because we liked the relaxed atmosphere and the wonderful variation in choice of food.

Even the times when I personally didn't like the particular theme for the food ie. Mexican, there was always an alternative I could have.

The Al Fresco restaurant was brilliant especially for breakfast, and the staff were always friendly and helpful.

Overall the food on Oriana was 10/10

Entertainment:

First of all I'd like to say that.....

the production entertainment in the theatre the singers and dancers production shows or headline acts,etc were great and varied.

But the down side was......

The Cruise Director and his staff were among More the worst I've come across on any cruise I've done (and thats about 30 cruises).

Except for one or two the front of house entertainment staff were awful, it seemed like they thought they had a ship full of elderly passengers and didn't have to do much entertaining. One girl in particular, had boyfriend problems and we the passengers suffered accordingly. The Cruise Director was conspicuous by his absence, he never seemed to get involved with the run of the mill entertainment.

The entertainment staff who I personally thought at least tried to entertain were : Anthony McGinley, Emma Grainger, Richard Hall and Donna Randles.

I have named these staff rather than list the bad ones which would have been a far longer list.

Also I could go on about other entertainment problems, but I think you get the gist of what I'm saying.

Stateroom:

The stateroom was good, I always travel in an inside room as in my opinion its only for sleeping and getting changed.

It was perfect for both things, so no complaints.

Service:

The service from all other staff (excepting most entertainment staff) was great. I nearly always got a lovely smile along with the service.

I would like to single out two rooms were the service was exceptionally good thats the Al Fresco resturant as I've already said and the Lords Tavern, where the serving staff were friendly and very quickly learned the names of the regulars, which in my book is going the extra mile, it's really nice to be greeted with a smile and a "Hello Mr Matthews" it makes one feel just a bit special Less

Read more Oriana cruise reviews >>