Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Dianne Turner

Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Single Cruiser
This is a review aimed at the single traveler. The new solo cabins are great, a big double bed and everything you could want. Don't turn the tap in the wash basin on full though because you may get wet. The cabins are serviced every day and clean towels were put in there twice a day (at least) If you are a smoker you are allowed to smoke in your cabin. As a solo traveller there is "The Living Room" which is for the use of single travellers only. There is a tea and coffee machine available 24/7 and snacks in the fridge,there is also a daily meeting so that you can get to know other single travellers. I met some very nice people on my cruise (have booked again for 2011 and I am meeting up with 5 people who I met on my last cruise)I have seen some of the reviews that have rubbished this ship but all I can say is don't listen to them, I have very high standards and this ship lived up to my high expectations. The food is excellent (and none stop)there are several places to eat and some you have to book and pay a cover charge but the food in the buffet is excellent (no extra charge) some reviews give the impression that the food is repetitive but I defy anyone to try all the dishes on offer during the duration of the cruise (unless you are on board for 3 months).

The entertainment is first class, although some shows have to be booked and some have a cover charge, these book up quickly so book early.

The sun deck can get busy at times so be there early if you want the good sun spots.

I found that the excursions were quite expensive so I did all the same things independently at a much reduced price.

Now for the downside of cruising on the EPIC. Oh sorry there aren't any I loved my cruise and can't wait to do it again.

Publication Date: 03/25/11