Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by cruisers23

Carnival Conquest
Member Name: cruisers23
Cruise Date: March 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

Great time, but too many unattended children
We just returned from our 5th cruise (3 with Carnival). I think this will be our last with Carnival. We got a little irritated with the constant stream of unattended children all over the ship at all hours of day/night. I am a teacher and really don't enjoy having to baby sit other people's children on my vacation. Out of Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and Carnival; we definitely prefer Royal Caribbean. Carnival could really use a policy on people not allowing their children to have free reign all over the ship.

Food portions seemed a little smaller on this cruise, so we usually ordered more than one main course at dinner. Lines at the buffet and other food lines are a bit of an issue on the Conquest, as the ship allows for more people than other ships in similar size.

Rooms: We picked a balcony for the first time in our 5 cruises and I loved it. My husband doesn't seem to feel it was worth the extra $1,000; but it was pretty neat. We ordered room service almost every morning and were able to enjoy breakfast on the balcony. Room service has a very limited menu, but enough to get you going. The room was very clean, but I always take my can of Lysol and Clorox wipes to get the extra germs out.

Conquest staff were all very nice and helpful. It is fun to learn where they are all from.

Publication Date: 03/25/11