Star Princess Cruise Review by dtransla: NOT TO BE REPEATED

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: South America
Embarkation: Other

Hello to all,

I just came back from a cruise to South America with Star princess. Service was poor in the restaurant, food was brought to the table cool. When you asked to be reheated, they just put the same plate in the microwave and send it back.

If you are under 65 don't travel with princess, all the at sea activities where very poor. they even turn down the volume of the movies under the stars because people where complaining that at 6 pm, was bothering them to sleep!!

when contacted entertainment staff to get more activities for the younger crowd, they said "you should have taken a better cruise company like ..... they are focus on younger people. Princess are focus on old people that come to spend money and we want them to drink and spend more money"

When tried to speak with the cruise director, I got this answer "you cant. leave a request at the from desk and someone will call you back." NEVER HAPPENED. I am back already for two weeks after a 14 days More cruise, no answer yet.

They arrange honeymooners get together, as we where on our honeymoon we went. We where the only couple, they gave us a glass of sparkling wine and we left. Two days later again, honeymooners get together, AGAIN!!!! why???? we went again, and you wont believe it, again myself and my wife!!!!!! is there any communication in the ship between the entertainment and the cruise director???????

all in all, nice ports (twice in a Sunday, so nothing to do, everything was closed!!), too many sea days, very bad idea for a new guy in the cruise vacations. For sure learned my lessons and again, think twice before taking a cruise with princess. Less

Published 03/24/11

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Star Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Star Princess South America Cruises

Cabin review: E

great city, great people, great food!!

Again Sunday!! why??? everything is closed!!

we got there on a SUNDAY. Everything was closed!!

the best of the best!!!. beatiful city, great time, great wheather.
Read 152 Ushuaia Reviews

Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X