1. The ship was very crowded, especially when the weather prevented people from going on deck.
2. We had a balcony and a good cabin, but often there were workmen on our balcony painting and repairing. Also, we overlooked the promenade deck where workmen were often using noisy power tools. The experience was rather like an uncompleted Spanish resort.
3. The food was quite good, not exceptional, but we would have liked an alternative menu and restaurant, even if we'd have had to pay a premium.
4. The evening shows were good, but the daytime lectures were poor.
5. There is only one theatre which has a flat floor which makes viewing from the rear obstructed. There is no cinema.
Overall, would we recommend Fred Olsen? Probably not, unless the itinerary was exceptional, and the trip was quite short.