Boudicca Cruise Review by Richard Rhodes: Good itinerary, very average ship
Overall Member Rating
Good itinerary, very average ship
Destination: Southern Caribbean
The itinerary was very good and we really enjoyed the whole trip because of that, but:
1. The ship was very crowded, especially when the weather prevented people from going on deck.
2. We had a balcony and a good cabin, but often there were workmen on our balcony painting and repairing. Also, we overlooked the promenade deck where workmen were often using noisy power tools. The experience was rather like an uncompleted Spanish resort.
3. The food was quite good, not exceptional, but we would have liked an alternative menu and restaurant, even if we'd have had to pay a premium.
4. The evening shows were good, but the daytime lectures were poor.
5. There is only one theatre which has a flat floor which makes viewing from the rear obstructed. There is no cinema.
Overall, would we recommend Fred Olsen? Probably not, unless the itinerary was exceptional, and the trip was quite short. Less
Read more Boudicca cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Boudicca Review >>
Cabin review: BS8016 Balcony Suite
8016, for the price, was very good. It was "L" shaped, with a big sitting area. The bed area was round the corner and quite cosy. The balcony had a part-obscured view because of a life boat, but was very big by usual standards. We had a sliding window-door access and there was another window in the bed area. As a Suite, we enjoyed a few good perks, such as canapes each evening, a mini bar, and free port transits. Others had to pay GBP 5 per use, which I though was quite mean, and I hadn´t seen this beforeRead All Balcony Suite (BS) Reviews >>
Nice ship. Great crew. Needs...
It's all about the service
Captain calls it the fabulous ...
A few negatives, but with Fred...
First and Last Time with Fred ...
Greenland: Fjords and Aurorae!