Crown Princess Cruise Review by cameroncrazy171

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Crown Princess Cruise Review by cameroncrazy171
Crown Princess
Crown Princess
Member Name: cameroncrazy171
Cruise Date: March 2011
Cabin Category: DD
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Another Great Experience
My wife and I just got back from a march break Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Crown Princess. We have sailed with Princess before (Star Princess), and the 2 ships are almost identical, and overall, I can highly recommend Princess; it was another amazing vacation. Here is a quick breakdown:

Transportation to Port Everglades: We had a rental car and came from Miami. We dropped it off at the Miami Road location in Fort Lauderdale because they offer a free shuttle to the port. The airport drop-off location does not. Keep that in mind. The shuttle also picked us up after the cruise and took us to the car rental location, which was great. Just be sure to ask the attendants at the port where the shuttle pick up is. We had no problems, but a couple we met waited 2 1/2 hours because the shuttle didn't stop in front of where their ship docked.

Ship Info: I'm sure that there are flashier ships, but I thought the Crown Princess was great. Beautiful piazza, lots of great bars, pools, and things to do. You can't go wrong.

Activities & Entertainment: Lots of things to do. We had seen a lot of the shows before on the previous cruise, so we watched more movies (great under the stars), did trivia challenges, etc.

Service: The service was great. We didn't run into anyone who provided even mediocre service. Like Celebrity, we find that Princess excels in this category.

Port and Shore Excursions: I'll write more detailed port reviews, but I'll say here that we really liked Roatan, and you can't go wrong booking with Victor Bodden Tours. Grand Cayman also had some cool highlights, and Cozumel and Princess Cays were relaxing beach breaks for us.

Dining: This is one of the highlights of the cruise, as always. The food in the dining room was great every night, and there were a few dishes that were truly exceptional. I can't imagine anyone could find fault with the food. Nobody that we talked to on the ship had anything bad to say.

Summary: Overall, another great experience on Princess and I can highly recommend this ship.

Publication Date: 03/24/11