“Tips Tips Tips!”
Cruise review of Celebrity Summit

B. Draper Celebrity Summit 3 Tips Tips Tips!
B. Draper
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I started off in a bad place when the man moving our luggage from point A to point B( a matter of just turning around and placing them behind him after adding a cabin label) suggested we could leave a tip., which we did. Only to find when the luggage came to our cabin,it had been opened and a part bottle of Vodka, brought on from our earlier half of the holiday spent in a hotel, confiscated. The lock had been broken which was unneccesary as the luggage only had a strap around it and was not locked. Within minutes of my opening of

suitcase the ship sailed. I would have expected to be asked to be there if my personal suitcase was to be opened. Is this stealing?

Into the cruise. We were happy with our cabin and our Steward ( despite him adding 6 bottles of coke to our inroom bar account instead of the person that had ordered this) We corrected this but it took 2 days.

The islands visited were varied and enjoyable. The food in the main dining room was also mainly very good and our table companions were lovely.

The entertainment was poor and if one went on a back to back cruise it was, I am told, the same the following week.

All being told I would not cruise with Celebrity again. As for the tips, one expects these days to have 15% added to bar drinks, but do we deed the bit on the bottom of the order slip giving us the option to add a further 15, 20 or even 25% extra if the service had been exceptional?. Sorry, there is only so much work goes into pouring drinks.

On the other hand, cabin stewards and restaurant staff work hard for their

gratuities.The company we booked with was Virgin and we had paid our tips in Stirling before we went. This was a better idea.

Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Concierge Class 2

C29046
The cabin space was fine. Lots of coat hangers and cupboards.The balcony was quite small and the upper deck protruded above the balcony below. The evening sun still managed to reach us I am glad to say. As this was an upgrade we were more than happy with the accommodation.

Port
Dominica,A rather dirty main town with rain forest trips and diving available if you are able. We just enjoyed the wonderful sunshine.We called on Carnival day The noise level was unbelievable and the groups taking part had some of the most fantastic costumes. They were still dancing in the streets as the ship sailed approx 8 hours later.
Read 604 Dominica Reviews
Port
Not a very interesting island except for the divers near the rain forest. Grand Anse Bay is a lovely beach
Read 482 Grenada Reviews
Port
St Croix. Never visited this port before. Although it was Sunday we still found the island nice and friendly. Took a taxi trip around the island. Some of the local jewelry was on sale on the dock side and was really nice and very well priced.
Port
I love St Kitts. Booked a taxi at the port side. We were lucky with our driver who took three and a half hours to do the two hour trip.He even managed to drop off some other guests to have time at the beach and to collect them later. The visit he included to the home of the Italian diplomat and his wife's studio with mother of pearl items was wonderful
Read 1,042 St. Kitts Reviews
Published 03/24/11
Thank B. Draper
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Summit Review
Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?