Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by gflottman: Amazing Ship

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Amazing Ship

Sail Date: March 2011

The Ship: The is really delivers the WOW. It was bigger than expected but it never felt like you were with 6,300 other people.

The cabin: We were in 11598 and it was a good cabin. It was right in between the elevators and we never heard and noise. The balcony was big, as we were on a hump. the only thing that really bothered me was that the bed was too close to the closet. Our cabin attendant wasn't very nice though.

The shows: Our first show was supposed to be Ocean Aria but then it was rescheduled to when we went to chops, so we missed that. Next was Chicago, It was fantastic and we almost made it through the whole until a poor old man had a heart attack. They never showed the end though. Next was Ice Games and it was pretty good. Finally Blue Planet is a MUST SEE.

The MDR: Our waiter were Allan and Marian. Allan was hilarious and the best waiter we have had. He always brought anything you ask. At the beginning he was still getting used to the ship as it was More his first cruise. Also Marian has only been with RCI for a month and we had a rocky beginning but by the 3rd day she was excellent. The food was fabulous.

Chops: The food was great and service was also great.

Labadee is great and the Coaster is well worth the $40.

Costa Maya needs improvement. The town still looks as terrible as it did after the hurricane. We went to tequila beach and the kids rented a wave runner. It was pretty good but when they fell off no one came to help. Then after that it started smoking and would not go very fast. Over all it was an OK stop.

Cozumel was great. The port was clean and the excursions were great. My son and I went on a segway tour. It was a blast. It was easy to pick up. My daughter and wife went on the dolphin push pull and swim and said it was fantastic to ride the dolphins. In addition it was great that security was in its own building, not in the ship.

Last but not least, my only complaint is that the Royal Express kiosks worked about 25% of the time. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Strm w/Bal Deck 6 11598

Closet too close to bed.

Read 3120 Cozumel Reviews